Possible bug in U7

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Sergorn

Possible bug in U7

Post by Sergorn »

I dunno if anyone noticed this but...

While talking to Rankin at the Fellowship's branch in Moonglow after you give the liquor to Balayna and she dies. The dialogues loops when you mentions the liqueur to him in order to say that it caused her death. So basically you can't trigger his "assigment" to find whoever poisoned it (which anyway I never did found but still).

I'm using the latest 1.1.x snapshot.

-Sergorn
Chris Schumacher

Re: Possible bug in U7

Post by Chris Schumacher »

Actually, I think this is intentional. You're talking about the "Then what's
the problem?" conversation, aren't you? I always assumed it was just essentially him saying "She's Fellowship, and I killed her. We're both on the same side, Avatar, so what's the big deal?"
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

I'm not sure if this is the bug you mentioned, but there's a conversation bug in the original involving the 'liquor' keyword. There are two separate conversation branches for the keyword 'liquor', but obviously only one of them can be accessed. (Since conversations are entirely keyword based)
Sergorn

Post by Sergorn »

Yes this is the bug I mentioned...
Hmmm no that you mention it, yeah I think there was the same bug in the original game yeah...

Odd I know I remember "triggering" the quest to find his murderer somehow...

-Sergorn
Sergorn

Post by Sergorn »

Oh I got it. I toyed with the french version, and the bug isn't there. Since I played the french version long before getting the english, that but be why I remember that.

So it's bug, just not a Exult bug ;)

-Sergorn
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

if it's a usecode bug, it can be fixed by a patch.

I've already issued a patch for the french version of BG that would prevent Jaana and Katrina to talk about Dupre (Dupré).

The patch can be found at:
http://si-french.sf.net/u7bg_vf-patch.tar.gz

Artaxerxes
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Hmmm, I remember Rankin asking me to find Balayna´s murderer ( the person who sold him the liquor ) though I didn´t find him anyway. But this was in the Spanish version. I´ve never tried to solve this quest in the english version.
BTW: will you, members from Exult Team, fix any original bug? Well, it could make Exult even better, couldn´t it?
-Zósite K.S. from Moonlightshadow-
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

The only way to correct orignal game usecode's bug is to create a patch. It is possible and already exists. However, those are not done by the exult team who concentrate on making Ultima 7 run on your machine.

I think it could be time to create a site that contains a series of patches for the original games...

Artaxerxes
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I share Artaxerxes throughts.
Currently there are enough people already who complain about too many "bug-fixes".
A seperate project that offers optional patches might be fun...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Zosite

What dreams may come...

Post by Zosite »

You´re right Dominus!! It sounds very promising! [:-D)
-Zósite K.S. from Moonlightshadow-