This may sound a bit lazy but...

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Reidhardt

This may sound a bit lazy but...

Post by Reidhardt »

Do you think you could implement a feature to change the runic symbols into english? It's just that it kinda gets annoying translating things using the translation table in the instructions. Thanx.
Colourless
Site Admin

Re: This may sound a bit lazy but...

Post by Colourless »

Lucky for you i'm an inventive individual. Just for you I implimented this feature... but I also tried out this experimental time machine i've been working on, so it turns out I added the feature in a few months ago, JUST FOR YOU. Aren't you the lucky one. :-)

Anyway, enough of that. All you need to do is Press the following keys,
F2,
N,
0 ,
N,
X, X, X

That should be it.

-Colourless Dragon
toad`sMoke

Post by toad`sMoke »

what other cool options are available?? can you make a list?? someone??
drk

Post by drk »

is there a list of the f2 items that function and the ones that dont? i asked in a thread of my own but never got an answer. i noticed a few only say "not yet available" or something. it gets frustrating creating arrows one by one in an emergency.. hint hint :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

hehe, just experiment a bit. the Cheat menu is undocumented by default. You have to figure this out on your own. If you want to cheat you have to be clever about it :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

Regarding implementing "a button" for a particular cheat...the answer is "no". Not for beta. Not for gamma.As Dominus said, you have to be clever to cheat.
Sauron

Post by Sauron »

Well, but in my opinion, displaying the Runes as "normal" readable text isn't quite cheating. It just helps speed up reading the text a bit and it would be a nice feature in the options....
Trevor_Clim

Post by Trevor_Clim »

a real ultima fan can write smooth and fast in the u7 runes !

i can :P as i was 10 years old i used the runes to write secret notes in the classroom, which my friend could read, but my teachers didnt! ;)
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Well, actually... the runes are a sort of copy-protection, since you need the manual (Or another Ultima manual) to decipher them. Or well, it used to be that way, at least. Personally, I'd never even consider changing the runes to normal text - the runes are an important part of Ultima!
Max aka Moscow Dragon

Post by Max aka Moscow Dragon »

I have deciphered U7 runes and was able of reading them more or less.

SI has Translation spell which turns both runes and Ophidian script to Latin.

BTW - are U7 runes = Futhark or not?
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

Regarding translating the runes into latin characters for the sake of readability, I must say that this is using a computer to calculate a sum of 1 digit numbers!

I mean, there is not THAT much of text written in runic! Maybe a panel once in a while.

It's not like U6 where the gargish language would fill in books and books!

Artaxerxes
Reidhardt

Post by Reidhardt »

Will a button for this feature be put in the beta?
Reidhardt

Post by Reidhardt »

Does this feature work in the windows version of exult?
I couldn't get it to work.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

in the snapshots
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
drk

Post by drk »

i didnt ask for documentation. i asked for a basic idea of how many items were left unfinished so far in the cheat menu. i dont need to be told to be clever to cheat, i was hex editing ibm games when i was 7 to gain attributes and items after finishing a game just to see what it would be like to go through it more powerful then normal. that *is* clever cheating ;)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

well, then asking for how many cheats are left unfinished is pretty pointless, you can always check for yourself.
We don`t have a list with all the cheats availlable where we check off those we enabled in Exult.
--
Read the Rules!