Keyring Mod Questions

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Tribun Dragon

Keyring Mod Questions

Post by Tribun Dragon »

I have no idea, where to write this, so I will put it in here.

I have a few questions for the makers of the Keyring mod, which I hope can be answered, and maybe, I even have some good ideas.

I. The Magic Carpet:

1.) It had been somewhat cheap in U VII to short-circuit a part of the plot by using the flying carpet to enter the meditation retreat. Do you plan to turn that off, by f.e. littering the ground with stones and such things?
2.)How do you plan to make shure that the Carpet isn't used to sneak past the stone guardians to the Codex? Litter the ground or errecting invisible walls around the valley?

II. Original problems in U VII:

There are quite a number of inconsesties and errors, or wrong explained things (List here: http://members.inode.at/357352/english/nitpicks_u7.htm ) Do you plan to rpair some of these, which at least for dialogue problems shouldn't be so hard.

III. A second level for Covetous?:

In the game, we got informed how the mining company literally ripped out the upper level of Covetous for mining. Do you plan to create a second level, which still is the original crypt, with ghost who aren't happy what happened to their graves?

IV. The blue and purple lens:

1.)I always found it totally brain-dead to store the lenses, the key to the Codex, in the museum. Wouldn't it be better that there are only replicas in the musem, and Lord British and Draxinosum have the real ones?
2.) And only after the Avatar knows he/she needs them, you can ask these two for them? (Knowing either by having a shrine quest or Arcadion tells you in FoV)
It would make much more sense (but of course then, Candance's and Arcadion's dialogue needed to be altered a little).

V. The Shrines of the Gargoyles:

It made me wonder why you can't speak to Mondain, Minax and Exodus in the Shrine of the gargoyles, after it was possible in U VI. Would be especially interesting in conjunction with FoV.

VI. Connection to UUW I:

1.)Maybe there could be some ruins on the isle of the Avatar, witness of the failed Abyss Colony?
2.)Also some hints would be nice, that UUW I DID happen. (That always bugged me, that it wasn't mentioned at all)

I hope I wasn't annoying by asking this.
marzo
Site Admin

Re: Koyring Mod Questions

Post by marzo »

1.) It had been somewhat cheap in U VII to short-circuit a part of the plot by using the flying carpet to enter the meditation retreat. Do you plan to turn that off,
No.
2.)How do you plan to make shure that the Carpet isn't used to sneak past the stone guardians to the Codex?
Try it and see if you can land there.
III. A second level for Covetous?
It is planned, along with the catacombs beneath Moonglow and the sewers beneath Britain.
IV. The blue and purple lens
Considering that the Vortex Cube, along with the runes of the shrines, the Silver Horn and the virtue stones are also in the museum, no I don't think that there is much of a problem :-)
The Shrines of the Gargoyles
I take the stance that these are replicas of the original shrines, and that is why you can't talk to them -- the originals being destroyed when the underworld collapsed. That would also explain how Exodus' psyche could be returning to the core.
VI. Connection to UUW I
Both good ideas. Item (2), in particular, will likely be dealt with in TFL in extensive detail, but I have no plans for doing it on the Keyring mod yet.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
EarthquakeDamage

Re: Keyring Mod Questions

Post by EarthquakeDamage »

Noting your Magic Carpet query at the top got me thinking:

It'd be awfully nice if the carpet were made more user-friendly. The ability to land on higher ground (such as rooftops), provided they are suitably wide and flat, could be fun. Perhaps an exception could be made for mountain tops.