Black Gate invisibility ring

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
peebles

Black Gate invisibility ring

Post by peebles »

Warning: This is not an Exult question -- it's about how to do something in U7 itself. (The problem is that I can't find any other U7 forums in English).

OK, question: I have an invisibilty ring but it doesn't do any good unless I am alone. Do I have to ask all other 7 party members to "Leave" or is there an easier way?
wjp
Site Admin

Re: Black Gate invisibility ring

Post by wjp »

Give everybody invisibility rings :-)
peebles

Post by peebles »

If I cheat I guess I can create 7 more rings, but what if I have only 1 ring?

I think I used to be able to leave the rest of the party outside but I don't remember how...
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I used to ask the party members to 'wait' while I went off and fought dragons early in the game to get money and exp. points. Later, I'd take one companion at a time, give him/her the ring, so that they could level-up.
peebles

Post by peebles »

That's what I remember but I can't find any "wait" command or dialog option.
peebles

Post by peebles »

OK, now I get it. The "Leave" dialog option leads to a choice of "wait" or "go home."
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

What's funny is that 'wait' is taken really seriously. They'll wait there forever.
Shamino96

Post by Shamino96 »

You just have to use the invis. risngs on the weeker characters in tougher battles.
Soen

Post by Soen »

I don't use it at all, never saw the point. Sure, by the end of the game I usually have a huge collection of assorted rings, armours, weapons and other items, few of which I ever use. Mainly I just fight and if I die, well you get ressurected every time so there's no much hassle there. Thats something that I think can be great for the first time you play through, a way of being able to concentrate on the storyline and interactivity while you build up your party. Just wish there was a "feature" to turn it off so that if you die, you die and your game is over.
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

maybe we should implement some sort of "if you die and get resurrected by a monk/LB you loose exp. points".

You guys agree?

Artaxerxes
Trevor_Clim

Post by Trevor_Clim »

@ Artaxerxes

you should stop playing Diablo 2, you get only silly ideas ;)

no such lamer-gameplay-tricks for balancing, really sucks :D

sorry ^^
------------------SIGNATURE--------------------
Is this virtuous?
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Well, I think it's a good idea. Might be fun to have an alternate usecode function... maybe the Fellowship could start charging you for their care.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Or to steal another idea from diablo 2 - Hardcore Mode - if you die game over
Soen

Post by Soen »

Something I just thought of but have never tried - what happens if you go to the Isle of the Avatar, kill Elizabeth and Abraham, leave and then die? Would be interested if a dead couple found you and brought you back to the Fellowship Hall in Paws. And why in the hell do they ever help you in the first place when you're so obviously enemies right from the start?
I like the idea of losing experience with death, would make it a bit more challenging. Maybe a menu system where you could pick which type of death you wanted - resurrection, penalty (gold or experience) or permanent.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Yeah, as an option - stratigic dieing really helped me bend the rules in the serpent island
Kennedy

Post by Kennedy »

"Something I just thought of but have never tried - what happens if you go to the Isle of the Avatar, kill Elizabeth and Abraham, leave and then die?"

I actualy did that once, and yes, I did get resurected even though they were dead. Maybe abe and lizzy have twins?

"And why in the hell do they ever help you in the first place when you're so obviously enemies right from the start?"

Well, I wouldn't say from the VERY start, you have to chase them all over Britania and collect the clues about fellowship shenanigans. You do have a good point that it would be easier for them to let you die after you start mucking up the guardians plans, but then maybe big red has something special planed for the avatar (pagan anyone?) unless of course it was the 'not eveil' twins.

As for the invisibility rings, I seam to remember them disapearing in the original version after over use.