tiny screen, and size of game

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Bullroarer

tiny screen, and size of game

Post by Bullroarer »

Hello!
Now that I built the game correctly and got it to run okay, I got two questions (I hope I'm not pissing you guys off):

- On fullscreen mode, it's running on a tiny square in the middle of the screen, instead of filling the whole screen (like in windows, for example).. it's just like the windowed mode, the difference is that the rest of the screen is black; is this normal on the linux version, or is there a way to change it? I'm using 800x600 on desktop.

- also, the directory in which I unpacked the source and built the game has now almost 100MB, is there a way to remove some files that are not needed anymore?

Thanks in advance for all your patience and help,

Bullroarer
drcode
Site Admin

Re: tiny screen, and size of game

Post by drcode »

If you did a 'make install', then you should be able to remove the directory where you built it. But if you want to keep the source around, you can get back most space by doing a 'make clean'.

I'm not sure what the problem is with full-screen; maybe someone else has an idea. One thing you might try, if you don't mind fiddling with your X configuration, is to add 320x200 as a screen size.
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

- You need to configure X for the screen resolution you are using in Exult, times the scale factor. This is not an Exult issue, but someone here will probably help if you need it.
- All the source code and object files can be deleted. You can just delete that directory, or do "make clean" to get rid of a lot of it and keep the source.
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

If you delete the entire exult tree, you lose the 'make uninstall' option, though.
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

and make sure you run some scalers.

was it ctrl alt + and crtl alt -
or just alt + an alt -
to change the resolution?

Artaxerxes
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

ctrl-alt-kp_minus, ctrl-alt-kp_plus
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

The best thing is to add low res mdoes to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. Search the web for modelines for 320x200, 320x240, 400x300, 512x384, etc.
Bullroarer

Post by Bullroarer »

Well, what can I say, thank you all soo much, again!!!

I got both the problems solved!

I did a make install and removed the directory, and everything worked fine... About the screen resolution, I got some modelines over the net and added it to XF86Config-4 file, now I can play it okay!!

Thanks for the patience!