Music Looping?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crais

Music Looping?

Post by Crais »

I see that there is a feature for looping the music, but strangely it does not work for me. I really like the music and feel it is a shame when it just... well... runs out and you are left in a silent world! Is there any way to make Exult repeat each set of music over and over until you come to the next egg? Additionally, is this an error?

I searched the phorum for "Music Looping", but I found nothing noted.

I have:
- Serpent Isle and I am using v1.00
- Win ME
- "Sound pack for Serpent Isle", which works well enough as far as I can tell.

Some other errors that might be of note to you:

- It crashes sometimes (not every time) upon entry to Fawn and I have to reload. This is not really a big problem though... imo.
- I have, in the past, offered the gold bars to the Sleeping Bull Guard Tower Guards in exchange for Hawk's freedom. I open his cell with the key, but he doesn't go back to the tavern.

Thank you for your time and effort, even if you don't answer this thread - I mean, you have created something really special here, as I am sure many people have told you in the past... (Richard Garriott being one of them, as I have read)!
Crais

Re: Music Looping?

Post by Crais »

(I also have read the FAQs and Documentation over, but didn't find much to help with this specific query)...
Crais

Post by Crais »

No response? If the answer is in the FAQ and I have missed it, I apologise, but I just read it again and found nothing that discussed this problem specifically.
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

I don't know what is causing your problem, but the first think I would do is to check your exult.cfg file to see if the option really got saved. You should find something like this:

yes

If it says no instead, change it and save it and try again.

-Karl
Crais

Post by Crais »

That was one of the first things I checked, but it was set to 'yes'. =(
Crais

Post by Crais »

Thanks for the reply, nonetheless!
Annorax

Post by Annorax »

I actually have the same problem when using the latest snapshot, the sound pack, and Windows 2000 Pro w/SP3. Unforutunately, I have not been able to find a solution...
--------------
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Become evil.
Crais

Post by Crais »

I am glad to see that I am not totally insane, and that someone else has the same problem, hehe...
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

Maybe one of you should add a report to the bug tracker.

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=2335

-Karl