Music... GONE!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
GulEvad

Music... GONE!

Post by GulEvad »

I've had Exult for quite a while now, and have never had any problems of major proportion. I've gone through both The Black Gate and Serpent Isle without consequence.

I started a new game of The Black Gate last night, and, again, everything was working fine. I got only a few minutes into the game when I realized I had something else to do. So I quit without saving, since there was really nothing much to save. When I restarted later last night, the music was gone! The music is still gone. The digital speech remains, but no music.

I've tried un-installing and re-installing. I've tried downloading all the digital music packs on the download page. I've tried fooling around with the in-game setup and with the exult.cfg file. I can't figure much out (though I'm not very technically inclined when it comes to this sort of thing).

What I have realized is that the music used to work fine before, even though the little sound icons used to be X'd out. When the music stopped working, the X's were still there, but since I downloaded the sound packs, the X's are gone. So I've probably just given you all an irrelevant bit of information. Sorry.

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas?
nadir
Site Admin

Re: Music... GONE!

Post by nadir »

Sound packs are for sound effects, music in 1.0.x is done via your soundcard's midi (under windows), so check your windows midi mapper and mixer settings.

Tristan
Soul Harvester

Post by Soul Harvester »

Also make sure you don't have MIDI volume muted or all the way down in volume control - I usually have MIDI muted and sometimes forget to unmute when playing U7.
Skirge01

Post by Skirge01 »

I just went through this a few days ago. It was my own doing by messing with the exult.cfg file. I'll see if I can help...

Are you using Exult Studio (1.1.x) or regular Exult (1.00)?

What SFX files do you want to use (standard, Roland, Ogg)?

What directory are your SFX files stored in?

What do you have Exult configured for (in setup)? GM, GS, digital, etc?

Skirge