Items that can't be moved in Invtory

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Talroth

Items that can't be moved in Invtory

Post by Talroth »

Ok, I'm wondering if it is fairly common in this game to get your guy to pick up carpets, and then not beable to drop them. (I have 2 in my avatars bag, and hes using one as a shield, which doesn't seem to be doing much)

This wouldn't bother me one bit, execpt I can't remove them. (I don't know if this has been noted in the forum anywhere, the search funciton wouldn't load,...)

is there any way I can edit something to remove them? (I tried turning the cheat function on, but that doesn't work I guess once you turn it off,... *Think that was this game,...*) I think I was playing the game at the start with the cheat thingy on, so I have a few things stuck up on roofs too, but they don't really matter,...

thanks for any help. (provided that it isn't *restart your game,...*
Some guy sitting infront of a crapy computer and needs a new one,...
wjp
Site Admin

Re: Items that can't be moved in Invtory

Post by wjp »

If you cheat by using hack-mover you really shouldn't complain about weird things happening :-)

Anyway, if you turn hack-mover on again you should be able to remove the carpets from your inventory.
Talroth

Post by Talroth »

Well, I started the game, and didn't really know what I was doing,... (Noticed something very odd when I moved part of the roof on something, then found out there were programed cheats)

I've use the "enable cheats" togle, but that didn't seem to work to let me move things again. I tried to restart the game with it enabled, but it still didn't let me move stuff.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong. (I want to use that space the carpet is taking up for stuff before I go farther in the game with out it)
Some guy sitting infront of a crapy computer and needs a new one,...
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

You need to enable hack-mover mode.

The keypress for it should be in our documentation (link is at the top of this page)

(It should be Alt-H or something, but I can never remember :-) )
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

Just look at the picture on the main page. :)

Just hit F2, and turn on the hack mover.