Ogg editing?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dangus

Ogg editing?

Post by Dangus »

Does anyone know the best way to go about making a new set of digital sound files for this game? I want to take the ones from the pack and up the volume on them. Also, there's this REALLY annoying horn sound that plays during combat that was never there in the original games, and I want to kill that sound by replacing it with something more subtle and less annoying.

What would be the best programs to download to complete this task? Thanks in advance.
`daniel

Re: Ogg editing?

Post by `daniel »

hehe dangus, i share your frustration. Certain music tracks need the sound turned way up, and others like LB's castle music need turning down a fricken lot more than they are now. I know they are meant to be the origional music volumes, but I never remember them being this annoying. Maybe it's because I used the origional midi sounds and not Roland.

I don't think you can edit oggs without extracting the lower quality wav file out of them, and editing that wav file itself, then recompressing it as a ogg. You would lose lots of quality this way so it's not a really viable choice. Best thing to do is extract the midi's somehow form the game data (exult studio?) and record them too wav, playing with the right volume etc.. then compress them into ogg.

I might be wrong here so please correct me if anyone thinks so.
Dangus

Post by Dangus »

Who did the digital sound tracks in the first place? Maybe they could either make the original wav files available, or at least re-encode them as an alternative wav pack?
Dangus

Post by Dangus »

I found the name of the guy. It's Simon Quinn. Does anyone know how to contact this fellow?
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

Dangus

Post by Dangus »

Thanks, when I get some more time I'll write him and see what can be done....