Sound FX compiling

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Clock Nova

Sound FX compiling

Post by Clock Nova »

I downloaded an alternative sound pack for Exult which supposedly includes new, digital fx and sounds taken from Ultima Online. However, they are all in the form of .wav files and the instructions call for them to be compiled into packs using an app which only runs on windows. Does anyone here have this fx already compiled, or can someone compile them and send them to me? I would greatly appreciate it.
wjp
Site Admin

Re: Sound FX compiling

Post by wjp »

Expack (which is the program you use to build a .flx file) should run on all platforms. (MacOS classic may be an exception because it lacks a command line)
Clock Nova

Post by Clock Nova »

Okay, where do I get Expack? I can't seem to find it on the downloads page.
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

There are no pre-built expack binaries available for platforms other than windows. You'll have to build it yourself (or get someone else to do it :-) ).
What platform are you using, btw?
Clock Nova

Post by Clock Nova »

I'm using Mac OSX. Would you, perhaps, be willing and able to compile a copy of Expack for me? Pretty please?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

You'll have to ask Fingolfin for that :-) Or learn how to compile a simple tool in OSX.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Clock Nova

Post by Clock Nova »

You mean I have to LEARN something. Noooooooo! That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!