Confiscated stuff disappearing in Moonshade

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crowley

Confiscated stuff disappearing in Moonshade

Post by Crowley »

This is a nasty one. I've repeatedly had the chest where your inventory is put after the trial in Moonshade disappear. The chest is created fine, but it seems that if I load a game saved within the Mountains of Freedom, the chest and its contents are no longer there.
Crowley

Re: Confiscated stuff disappearing in Moonshade

Post by Crowley »

And this is with 1.1Beta2
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

In Windows?

If so, it's possible we already fixed this bug.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I have some savegames of an user who complained about the same problem. if you install the latest snapshot and play from the not-pg-13 scene with Frigadingsbums all should be okay.
The only odd thing I encountered was that you keep your spellbook and reagents. Is this the way it is supposed to work. I honestly can't remember...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Yes, you're supposed to keep those (and the Ring of reagents too, should you have it).
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Ouch, you're right. I'm sorry about bringing up bugs that have already been solved.
cok

Post by cok »

I don't think that this bug has been resolved.

I am using Windows XP. This bug has first occured to me while playing 1.1Beta2. I then downloaded the snapshot 1.1.2cvs (2003-10-01) and replayed Serpent Isle from the beginning. The chest is still missing. I have the Save-Games of before and after. By the way, before I entered into Freedom Mountain, I noticed that a chest did indeed materialize in the prison cell.

http://www.shatterwind.com/~cok/temp/coksibug.zip

I've also found another bug. For some strange reason, the guard at List Field suddenly vanished. This occured before I ever went to Moonshade. I don't have a "before" Save-Game for this bug ... I only have an "after".
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

got to take a look at the confiscated chest bug. Might be you are on to something.

The list field trainer disappearing is a bug left over from the original.
http://exult.info/faq.php#pikeman_disappears
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

hmm, strange. do you have any savegame from in between your "vacation" in the mountains of freedom?
I noticed the chest is there at the beginning and I checked it by teleporting back and then teleported around somewhat but it refused to disappear. got to play through the vacation part and see when it disappears.
Good catch!
--
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

hmm, I just played through the mountains with your savegame and could not make the chest disappear? Did you do anything out of the ordinary when you played through?
--
Read the Rules!
cok

Post by cok »

I've found the bug. Cornered it down and squished it.

The bug is the chest is not saved in the SAVE GAME.

The Chest Disappears in this case:
Enter Freedom Mountain. Finish automatic conversation with Automaton. If I teleport to the cell, the chest is still there. Save game while in Freedom Mountain. Reload game => chest gone.

The Chest is Present in this case:
Enter Freedom Mountain. Finish automatic conversation with Automaton. Teleport to cell and see chest. Save while standing right beside the chest. Reload game => chest is there. Next, if I enter the teleporter in the jail to go to Freedom Mountain or if I teleport back to Freedom Mountain and save the game. The saved game still has the chest.

Conclusion: Maybe the chest is not saved in the first case because the updated portion is not within the view of the Avatar.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

yep, got that as well now. strange.
--
Read the Rules!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Thanks. That should help find the problem. I have a feeling it has to do with our 'caching out' code when you leave an area. I'll be gone through the weekend, but will look at it when I get back (if someone else hasn't already fixed it).