Glimmerscape

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Donfrow

Re: Glimmerscape

Post by Donfrow »

Thanks Dominus! Hopefully there are no more scroll/key quality changes with this one... if so I've added in some cheat scrolls to try and help see what's going on should it happen again.
ShadowTigerZC

Post by ShadowTigerZC »

Thanks for the bit about the teleportation. Oddly enough, (and this always happens. Always.) Ten minutes after I had posted the message, I DOUBLE-clicked on the map icon at the top of the screen (I have those icons enabled.) and it brought up the true teleport menu that features that "true" landmasses and mountaintops carved away to see inside everything.

I finished the mod last week. Utterly spectacular. A truly fantastic experience. Many hundreds of thanks for your tenacity and diligence. I kept wanting to see what part of the original map was preserved, and I was surprised to see how much had been truly altered. It must have taken ages.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it and was able to be finish it as well!

It took about 10 years on and off to complete Glimmerscape. The biggest hurdle was deleting all of the areas that are now water as in the original Serpent Isle all of that was the dungeons, dream world, etc.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Donfrow,

I finally got a chance to start to play Glimmerscape.
It's awesome!

I've only scratched the surface of the stories contained within this epic mod.
It is fun seeing familiar bits used in a different way.
I also love all the easter egg touches of Star Trek and Indiana Jones.

Some things I noticed
The ophidian house ( 127 south 9 west) has some rubble/rock piles that can't be cleared with the pick axe. There is one that looks like it covers the stairs, but when I try and clear it, the Avatar goes into auto-mode and tries to walk back to Jones' site to dig the rubble there (even though we already cleared that one).

Deary the pirate has no profile picture or conversation text...although it does look like there is a conversation going on because I get conversation prompts and can click through, but I can't see what he says.

I can't seem to resolve the homeless shelter because when I confronted the courier Ronack , I retrieved a document that just says "generic unused scroll" and Lewis doesn't acknowledge it.

Could this have something to do with the keys switching? I was able to enter the liche's cave by using a key that I already had from wandering around. (I can not take the skimmer yet, nor have I met a jester).

My biggest gripe is that after passing out or dying, I am unable to interact with anything. If I die, I will wake up in the healer's hut/house but I can't click on anything or open my inventory. Also, if I try and save the game at that point, loading that saved game will crash Exult.
Tip: save often, don't die.

Tip: Don't try to take out and open the locked chest on the boat during the opening scene...it breaks everything. I couldn't even shut down Exult normally!

Thanks for a fun story!
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the liche's cave as well as the scroll are are result of the changing quality of keys/scrolls. If you get stuck anywhere with it take the scroll/key and subtract 128 and it should be the "proper" value. Not the best fix but I don't think this one will ever get resolved :(

The "generic unused scroll" is my placeholder text for any undefined scrolls so if the quality changes it's most likely to get that text.

I will see about the dying thing. It sounds like at some point the "lock" I have in the death scene isn't unlocking as that can cause the type of behaviour you're describing.

The chest in the boat, never realized that before. Don't worry though, there's nothing in it! I will look at seeing if I can see why it's crashing; probably something with the shape information as I think I made it custom.

The other items sound like they should be fairly easy to track down when I get an opportunity.