Cadellite, Hydras, Magically Locked Doors, oh my

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Char Aznable

Cadellite, Hydras, Magically Locked Doors, oh my

Post by Char Aznable »

Anyone recall how to open the magically locked door behind the hydra and get to the cadellite meteorite? I can't seem to get it open with the unlock magic spell, and there are no keys or switches about. I eventually moved the damn thing with hack mover :(
Anyone recall the "real" way to get past this door? I sure can't remember...
Daemongar

Re: Cadellite, Hydras, Magically Locked Doors, oh my

Post by Daemongar »

I'm pretty sure theres a lever near there - like a secret door in the hydra room. I remember this was a problem for some with the original too. Sorry I can't be more specific.
gruck

Post by gruck »

Don't you just double click it?
gruck

Post by gruck »

Just double click on the right section of wall to enter the hydra area.

Simply cast unlock magic on the magically locked door behind the hydra.
Forq

Post by Forq »

unlock maigc doesn't work on that door, I would cast and sleep for somehting like 3 Ultima days before I finally hack moved myself.
perilisk

Post by perilisk »

Unlock magic does work, it's just very hard to target correctly. I had the same problem. Just save, and mess around until you find the sweet spot, then reload and target there. I'm not sure where the problem comes from, though.
Daemongar

Post by Daemongar »

I actually ran through this part with rc2 last night - and he's right - I went through a lot of magically locked doors (the Dungeon Deceit and Despise) and glowing doors with no problem, but when I got to the magically locked door with the hydra - nothing but dozens of wasted spells until I ran out of manna - I read the above post before I got there and had to hack move the door, also.

No other problems with magically held doors in the whole game however...
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

I think it 's probably a problem with the anti-magic rain/field/whatever on Ambrosia.
MV

Post by MV »

The anti magic field should dissapate after a short while allowing you to effortlessly cast unlock magic upon the door. I had zero problems with it.
char

Post by char »

Thanks for the replies, everyone :)
I'm certain it's a bug - tried to get past that door again in RC2 and it still won't open without hackmoving.
Hopefully they can nail this bug :)
Sean Whalen

Post by Sean Whalen »

I had a problem casting unlock magic on the door too, just played through, or any magic in Ambrosia. I was thinking there was some antimagic thing or something, thought it was pretty weird. I left the cave and came back and it worked.
MagicMop

Post by MagicMop »

Okay... it's been absolute AGES since I've played U7-BG... so feel free to laugh and point at me if I get this wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Kissme is sprinkling anti magic dust around the island so if you cast weather to make it rain, it'll take away the effect allowing you to cast magic as normal.

Of course it could just be a weird dream I had or something... ;)

MM :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

you are right, but you have to be away from the anti-magic effect to be able to cast that spell :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
MagicMop

Post by MagicMop »

Thats a very good point... ;)

I think the spell needs to be cast just off the coast of the island if you're travelling by boat...

... I think... :)

MM :)
Sutek

Post by Sutek »

That's strange. I played the game many times, and never had any problems with that.
Soul Harvester

Post by Soul Harvester »

Heh... it also works if you "hide" yourself "underground" by using a clever combination of barrels and planks of wood... at least I recall it as such.