Exult on PDAPhone ?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Vincent

Exult on PDAPhone ?

Post by Vincent »

Hello,
I'm trying to get Exult Pocket PC latest snapshot working on my LG KS 20 smartphone. There is WM6 installed on it.
Exult can launch well. SI launches also well, I can create a new game, and start a new "journey onward".
Then i get the nice blue waving screen (damn this put me 10 years in the past, this is so good...)
After that I can see my avatar and my team in the boat, and then... nothing more. Iolo keeps asking talking to me, I can move the cursor using my stylus, but I can't actually "click". I mean i can move the cursor (it has a hand shape) but when i clik on the screen nothing happens. More strange, when i click on the red keyboard cross icon on the bottom of the screen nothing happens. The keyboard doesn't popup !!
That's very strange because the keyboard popup well when i start a new game and want to name my avatar....
It's not a problem with my SI original files, because it works perfectly well with the Windows XP version of Exult.

Do you have any ideas of what the problem could be ?
thanks a lot
Vincent

Re: Exult on PDAPhone ?

Post by Vincent »

Hello again,

To complete my previous post, all is perfectly working with Black Gate. I only have the problem with Serpent Isle !
I tried everything, any help would be much appreciated !
thanks you all, have a merry christmas and a happy new year
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Sorry that we can't be helpful, but I don't think any of us developers has that phone. It's certainly odd that BG works but SI doesn't, since they're the same executable. Maybe Exult is running low on memory, since SI, I believe, does use more space.
Khelz

Post by Khelz »

Hello there,

I'm having the EXACT same issue with my HTC TyTN 2, which has a fairly good amount of memory for a PDA.

I don't think it's a memory related issue.

Can I help to debug this issue ?

I've got some experience in C++ coding, and I'm very motivated to make it work on my device ^^

Please tell me what I could do.

Regards,
Khelz.