Tseramed the Ranger

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Iceshard-

Tseramed the Ranger

Post by Iceshard- »

How many people here often find/take Tseramed the Ranger into their party? I never knew he existed until today... :P

And, just out of curiosity, how many people can you have in a party?
Skutarth

Re: Tseramed the Ranger

Post by Skutarth »

I always take him, and you can have eight in your party if you have them join in the right order.
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

O_o

There are actully 8 in the game!? Who else? I have Spark, Me, Iolo, Tseramed, and Shamino, atm, and will get Dupre when I buy my boat... And to think I use to play with only 4 people... ;)
Wilsonch

Post by Wilsonch »

I think there is a Jane from minoc...

One interesting bug i found from the original U7, that if i name my avatar "Avatar", when Tseramed ask about your name and you reply avatar, he laugh at you and ask you to give your real name. Then you give him your real name "Avatar", he will be insulted, and ask you one more time your real name. But this time your menu for selecting answer will run out of option, and your game hangs there....

I have to restart from beginning....sigh...

Wilson
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

There are Jaana, Julia, Katrina and Sentri.

If you got Shamino and didn't get Sentri, that means you only passed by and don't take the time to explore Britain. I guess you got Shamino just because everyone says he hangs around in Britain :P

Also, if you took Miranda's quest, you should have gotten Jaana by now. As another fact, you don't need a boat to get Dupre. You can use the orb of the moons that Lord British gives you. Double click on it, then trace a line 45 degrees from the Avatar's position (upper-right direction) and click on the point where the line hits the edge of the screen (I am considering as if you play in 320x200 or 320x240), and it will take you to Jhelom. Just go north from there and you will reach the city; the distance is not very long.
- Gradilla Dragon
Gradilla Dragon

Here is a screenshot of my current party.

http://art-shrine.verge-rpg.com/webimgs/partyshot.png

Top: Avatar, Iolo, Spark, Sentri
Bottom: Shamino, Dupre, Jaana
- Gradilla Dragon
Gradilla Dragon

To Wilsonch:

The one from Minoc is Julia, the same old companion from Ultima IV, V and VI. If you care about the companions' "usefulness", then you will not take her, as her stats are average and she has no special abilities.

The most powerful team is:

Avatar, Iolo, Spark, Sentri, Shamino, Dupre, Jaana and Tseramed. Jaana is not all that powerful, but she can heal, cure poison and resurrect for free. Sentri also has a bonus: He can train you to raise your dexterity and combat skill for free.
- Gradilla Dragon
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

Yes, I usually take Tseramed if I'm passing by, not not always at first. Sometimes if he is too talkative we drop him off in the wilderness.
MV

Post by MV »

I like to make the "harem" party. :D

I get Katrina, Julia and Jaana for a party of four. :)

It's not that bad either. I can get through the game without any more or less difficulty than a party with the traditional companions.

Then again, I have no problems at all if I go solo either. Now that's a nice way to play the game. I take Iolo home to his house, then go back to britain to "begin" the game.
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

I saw Sentri in Britannia. I even trained with him, I think. Must've missed the join option... Or I said something wrong, I will check it out, thanks.

P.S. - Sorry if I ask alot of questions, I haven't played in about 8 years, (Since I was 8, by coincidence...) and even then I missed alot due to my lack of perceptiveness... Thanks all.
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

Gradilla Dragon, how did you get them to look as though in their armor? My paper dolls just have a bunch of arrows pointing to where the items are equipped... :(
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

Thanks.
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

No need to apologize for asking questions. Personally I enjoy having more non-religious conversation here.
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

This seems as good a thread as any, for questions...

Okay, I am trying to join the Fellowship, and I have to answer two questions to join.
1: Q: How mnay places can mandrake be found naturally?
A: No clue (1-60)

2: Q: How many symbols are their in Britanias outdated language?
A: 31 (1-60) (I should be 31, atleast, I have the book...)

Both these are supposed to be in the Book of the Fellowship, but it only has 1 page of useless info... Little help please.

Thanks.
Gradilla Dragon

That comes in the ACTUAL book of the Fellowship. If you have the Ultima Collection CD, it comes in the DOCS folder. If you have the floppy version, then it is the playbook that came with the game.
- Gradilla Dragon
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

Ahh, ****! My brother had everything, and all I managed to salvage was the discs and the map... ****! Do you know where I can get this .doc file, if it is availible on the web?
Gradilla Dragon

It's not available on the web, but you can get the answers if you search the web. Also, I doubt Batlin will ask you the same two questions. He always asks different ones. Any FAQ/Walkthrough should have the answers to those questions.
- Gradilla Dragon
EarthquakeDamage

Post by EarthquakeDamage »

There's a website, something on the order of www.replacementdocs.com, where you can download the documentation/manuals for a large number of old (and new?) games. It might be there, if the site still exists.
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

and if you're really stuck, you could always decompile usecode and locate the answers in it! ;-)

Artaxerxes
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

"and if you're really stuck, you could always decompile usecode and locate the answers in it!"

If I knew how... :(

Anyway, I am sure I can find a walkthrough somewhere. I just searched my brothers room end to end and found nothing new. :(

Another question... I HIGHLY doubt it, but is there a copy of the Ultima VIII: Pagan game availible (free) on the net somewhere? My brother lost our copy of that, as well... When he gets back from boot camp, I am going to kick is @$$!

Thanks,
Iceshard-
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please no asking for copies of games on the net. You know we don't want that here. But the last time I looked Pagan came pretty cheap on Ebay (at least the german one). And if the damn German Mail Service doesn't lose your package it might be worthwhile to buy one.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Iceshard-

Post by Iceshard- »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. As I said, I doubted it. And I would only get it if it were freeware anyway, no theft.