Exult.dsw? Where, please.

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Daemongar

Exult.dsw? Where, please.

Post by Daemongar »

Hello - while waiting for 1.2, I was looking for information on compiling Exult on a MVS C+ 6.0 system, and found it (somewhere here, can't remeber where because I cut and pasted the info to a document of notes and printed that ;)

It says that there is supposed to be a file EXULT.DSW in the MSVCStuff directory - but it isn't in the snapshot or the last official release. Am I missing something - I'm going to search the groups for the documentation, but am I just not doing it right, or was I reading outdated information?

Thanks for the help.
wjp
Site Admin

Re: Exult.dsw? Where, please.

Post by wjp »

We don't support MSVC6 anymore. The files in msvcstuff/ are currently for MSVC.Net.

If you want to compile on windows anyway, I would recommend using mingw/msys.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

For mingw/msys we have detailed instructions in Readme.win32. But the windows binary snapshot is always up to date anyway so there is no real need to compile it yourself.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

> so there is no real need to compile it yourself.

That of course depends on what you want to do :-)
If you modify exult you really will need to compile it yourself.
Daemongar

Post by Daemongar »

WJP - Thanks - .NET - that's what I wanted to know - what I was reading must have been old, or something - but was written with MVSC 6 in mind.

Dominus - You are right, tho - there is no *real* need for me to compile it - and I probably won't end up contributing anything for my efforts, but I am somewhat compulsive in my behaviour, and I need to do this ;)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

THAT is a good reason :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

I think the MSVC.Net project files in cvs will get errors while linking, so you won't be able to build Exult with them as they currently are. Should have them fixed shortly.