[SI] Post-Jail Black Sword

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Char

[SI] Post-Jail Black Sword

Post by Char »

Took a peek at past posts, didn't see any mention so I'm asking...

SI Fans know that to escape the Mountains of Freedom you have to release the Demon from the Black Sword.

Anyone have an idea of what stats the sword has after you release him? I've always wondered. Is it still any good or is it pretty much garbage now.
painful

Re: [SI] Post-Jail Black Sword

Post by painful »

It's still useful to the story of course, but I've also never had a problem with it on regular fighting either after the demon is released.
-kel, ascendence.net
Chris Schumacher

Post by Chris Schumacher »

The Black Sword, before and after the release of Arcadion, only does 9 points of damage. So, needless to say, don't bother using it. A two-handed sword is better. I only use it during the Bane's battle, the rest of the time I use Erinon's Axe and a magic shield. You can throw the Shade Blade away after you capture the banes and put them in the soul gems.
Note, however, that it's a fairly powerful weapon in BG (25 damage) probably the strongest melee weapon in the game.
PanSola

Post by PanSola »

o_O""" being made out of blackrock, I would've thought it would be much stronger regardless of the demon (I thought the demon just added additional magical power to it).

must be the weather... considering it was much stronger in BG
Warder

Post by Warder »

Remember that you needed the daemon in it in order to wield it properly - it was too heavy to make use of without Arcadion's help.
Gradilla Dragon

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

If memory serves, the gem with the daemin inside it was what made the weapon wieldable. Without it, it was too heavy to use as a melee weapon. I guess Arcadion helps move the sword so it's more effective.

In SI, when you just arrive and double click on the black sword, Arcadion states that the veins of power were disrupted during the trip, and he can no longer feed from the sword. This gives place to another possibility: Arcadion feeds with the life force of anyone hit by the sword, dealing more damage. If the veins of power are disrupted, he can no longer feed, so the extra damage is gone.
- Gradilla Dragon
Chris Schumacher

Small correction: the most powerful melee weapon in BG is the Death Scythe, followed by the Hoe of Destruction.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Hmm. I thought the Hoe of Destruction had a damage value of 20? That's what I remember from years ago, anyway. And the Death Scythe was 50. If the Black Sword is 25, that'd put it ahead of the hoe.

Neutronium Dragon
Chris Schumacher

Yeah, that's right. For some odd reason I was thinking the Hoe was 50 and the Scythe was 255.
painful

Post by painful »

With Exult Studio, in SI the Black Sword can once again be the supreme weapon it once was in BG. And of course, in BG it can be even more powerful than it currently is. :shrugs: That's if you wanna have a little fun ;]
-kel, ascendence.net
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Well, if you want, Exult Studio can make the bouquet of flowers the ultimate weapon:-) You could even have it shoot bullets.
painful

Post by painful »

Actually I've made some unconventional items into weapons in SI for fun.. It's rather odd looking, so I think I'll keep my uber shade blade. ;]
-kel, ascendence.net
Morg

Post by Morg »

Fun side note --- you don't HAVE to release the demon, and you don't even have to cheat to do so.

in the dungeon of freedom in that room with all the levers there is a connected room that leads to a teleportation device. Take the teleporter and you end up "out side". Drink poison or starve to death. The game will ressurect you in the frozen north, enter a cave and freeze to death. The game will ressurect you in moonshade.

The story will contine as if you beat the prison legit except the demon will still be stuck in the sword (but he's still convinced that you need to free him to excape) and Steffano will be perminately (more or less) stuck on your party.

I discovered this because I couldn't find the invisible wall in the never ending tunnel for the life of me so I had to come up with a more inventive way to get out of jail. Suicide your way to freedom
painful

Post by painful »

Does the sword still function to get the banes?
-kel, ascendence.net
Morg

Post by Morg »

I don't remember . . . I think you do have to release him before you can use it to get the banes :-( so you do have to release him anyways.

but that's probably one of my favorite "glitches" to the game, that one, getting 2 dupree's sheilds and ressurecting your party members after they turn into banes . . . good times, glitches are fun
Chris Schumacher

If you don't release Arcadion, the Banes won't die. Has anyone ever tried
the Flux Analyzer on the sword when Arcadion is still in it?
Daemongar

Post by Daemongar »

Actually, you can't use the Flux Analyzer on the sword with Arcadion in it - but you can transfer him into another object! The enchanted wig you find near Vasculio will accept the demon, but of you know what you'll end up with, don't you?

Hell Toupee!