New feature request

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
GuJiaXian

New feature request

Post by GuJiaXian »

Forgive me if there's a way to do this already; low sleep and low blood sugar and all that...

I'd like to have some method of determining exactly what items' stats are, specifically the stats for weapons, armor, and the like. I really thought of this while reading another thread in which it was mentioned that Rings of Protection give a bonus of +2 armor, something I had no idea about. I knew they added to armor, but I never knew how much.

Not sure how this could be best achieved. A simple mouse-over pop-up would make Exult look too much like Diablo. Any suggestions? How feasible is this suggestion/request?
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Re: New feature request

Post by artaxerxes »

IIRC.

CTRL-ALT-M to start ExultStudio
d-click on item to see stats.

Artaxerxes
GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian »

That's not working for me. Ctrl+Alt+M opens map editor mode, but the double-clicking on an item (a dagger, for example) doesn't do anything (well, it highlights the item, but that's all).
painful

Post by painful »

You have to have Exult Studio installed for that feature to function like he stated.

All it does, is when it goes into Map Editing Mode, it also will load Exult Studio if it's installed, and there you can double click the item in the Exult Studio window and see all its properties correctly, including how much armor is added or how much an attack is worth.
-kel, ascendence.net
painful

Post by painful »

You have to have Exult Studio installed for that feature to function like he stated.

All it does, is when it goes into Map Editing Mode, it also will load Exult Studio if it's installed, and there you can double click the item in the Exult Studio window and see all its properties correctly, including how much armor is added or how much an attack is worth.
-kel, ascendence.net
painful

Post by painful »

Er, sorry for the double post, my ISP is giving me trouble tonight saying it's not loading pages.
-kel, ascendence.net