Functions in Ultima/Exult

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
David Woo

Functions in Ultima/Exult

Post by David Woo »

Fellow Exult gamers,

Do you ever noticed that the Exult program lacks some or many of the Ultima functions? For example, I tried to stack some crates to get to the upper floor, i.e the roof. But it seems the avatar couldn't climb the stack of crates. Another thing is, I realized that you can't try the caltrops on other people, i:e pathways of NPCs, to make them bleed some HPs and then go poop. To the developers of Exult, do you think there's improvements on these matter in the future? Thank you for giving hope to us, Ultima fans around the world with the birth of Exult.

David Woo
wjp
Site Admin

Re: Functions in Ultima/Exult

Post by wjp »

I never had any trouble climbing stacked crates in Exult...
Belial

Post by Belial »

i have noticed that the npc's do not open and close shutters...
-Belial
Belial

Post by Belial »

also...
Willy the baker in brittain makes the sweetest and best bread around... he asks you if you would like to work for him, either baking bread for 10 gold for five bread peices or you can sell him bags of flour for 4 gold per sack...

iIhave just tried to complete his jobs, baking bread for him works fine but Icannot get him to buy the flour off me... the speach topic is available and when asked says" but thou dost not have a single one in your possesion..." what can be done
-Belial
Bomb Bloke

Post by Bomb Bloke »

About the stacking issue -

I store all my BG loot at Sentri's house by tradition. Having just finished playing through under the Exult engine, I ended up with a huge load of chests to contain everything.

So I stacked them all up in a pretty pattern, because there would be no floor room if I did otherwise.

Anyway, it seems one of the crates got "mis-stacked" - although it drew correctly on the screen, I think it actually ended up with some very different (x,y,z) co-ordinates to where it should have been.

As a result, I could walk 'through' it, though I believe I was simply walking under it in reality.

If the same thing were to happen whilst making a stair case, then, even though everything looked correct, one of the steps would be missing. Thus, you couldn't climb up.

The placement of items in the original U7 had a different issue, which in my tests Exult does not emulate. It allowed you to place items where ever you wanted (and also allowed you to carry unlimited items).

It's been a few updates since I last tested that, though. Wonder if I should take another look? :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
ME$$ENGER

Post by ME$$ENGER »

I noticed the flour bug, too. Although it was not that big an issue since there are many ways to earn gold, it is kind of annoying knowing that something could be done is impossible now. :(
Darke
Site Admin

Post by Darke »

I think you'll probably find you're trying to sell the wrong *type* of flour. It's a bug with the original, since I've encountered it also last time I played the original U7.

eg: http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=im ... &lr=&hl=en

Darke