My new Ultima7 world!!!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
LordChuckles

My new Ultima7 world!!!

Post by LordChuckles »

i have been playing exult with the cheats for about a month now. (ive played ultima7 itself for probably over 10 years) the past month i have rebuilt several parts of Britannia, starting with the library in moonglow, which ive turned into quite a fortress, batlin is imprisoned on the roof and all he does is sleep, ive set up guards around the establishment, using the Eggs from britain. ive also reprogrammed Chuckles the Jester's business schedule so now he sits in lord british's throne all day and night, while LB himself is locked up in my tower. I AM THE NEW GUARDIAN! Serpent's hold was my next conquest, i used that to store my vast supply of gold bars.
then i took the isle from Forge of Virtue and turned it into my show room, displaying armor and weapons and whatnot.. and what some of you guys should do is take over a small town or castle, and turn it into your own house, then turn off the cheats and play the game from the beginning with your nice new home to store all your goodies and regroup or whatever. if you want i can post some pictures of my exploits on ultima7, youd be impressed by my work with fences to use as walls (since regular walls wont stay where you put them) and im also wondering when the exult team is going to be completing the Debug menu.... i have been kindof inconvenienced by the parts that havent been implimented yet, but what ive seen so far has been awesome!!!!! keep it up guys!!!!!
Let us play The Game!
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: My new Ultima7 world!!!

Post by Dominus »

yeah, show us pictures (you could also have us load up your savegame :-))
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

hmmm.. i dont exactly have a way to host pictures.. well i could use someone else's ftp.. and i dunno if i wanna give away my save game just yet ;) maybe later hehe, i need to atleast finalize my work... i also cant take working screenshots of the game in full-screen mod, but thats probably the resolution i use. ill get back to ya on it!
Let us play The Game!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

can you direct me to a good place for hosting pics? geocities sucks royally, and i dont trust any of the ones i saw on a google search for "free image hosting"

-GRandma (ya thats right, my name is GRandma)
Let us play The Game!
painful

Post by painful »

If you learn how to use ExultStudio, you would be able to design your own buildings, landscapes, etc etc and not have to worry about disappearing walls. The entire purpose of ExultStudio is to be able to create your own addons to Ultima 7 parts 1 & 2, as well as make an entirely new game using the Exult Engine.
-kel, ascendence.net
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

that is indeed good news... but i think part of the fun in what i do is "cheating the system" so to speak... they give you limited tools and only so many resources to work with, thus making your work all the more creative and satisfying. ill get some pics up soon and youll see what i mean.
Let us play The Game!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

ultima7pic1
ultima7pic2
ultima7pic3
ultima7pic4
ultima7pic5
ultima7pic6
i hope this works.......
Let us play The Game!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

ok ok so im an idiot when it comes to hosting images, just take off the from the end of each one... and hopefully itll work!!

test: http://www.photodump.com/viewer/terok00 ... 7pic1.html
i doubt that will make it into a link either, but oh well

-GRandma
Let us play The Game!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

ill post another pic of serpents hold once i finish my council chambers :D

-GRandma
Let us play The Game!
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Use the Phorum codes to create links as described here
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

ahh, different from other forums :P
Let us play The Game!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

it's actually a very common forum code. Only most forums do "see" links autmatically and transform the post accordingly on their own.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

hey ive recently experienced a computer- fart.. my ultima7 music plays faster than it should... i think the game runs a equally faster, but i havent noticed much more than the music.... the only possible explanation is the fact that i recently installed a new fan in my computer, since it was overheating, now i think the little bastard is running faster due to the lack of heat... so my question... would there be a way to get into the .midi files for ultima7 and change them to say... a favorite band? :) do you know how awesome this would be? using the music Eggs you could have like manson playing when you enter combat... pink floyd playing when you go into the observatory or a laboratory... carnival music playing when you enter a fellowship hall.... so many things you could do in this game...
Let us play The Game!
LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

well gee that worked great
Let us play The Game!
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

LordChuckles

Post by LordChuckles »

thanks... wheres that dunce hat when ya need one :)

the pics arent as great as i thought, but at the bottom of each page is an explanation of what youre seeing
Let us play The Game!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Pete: about the music, use the mt32 music package and you can change the music that is played (by replacing some songs with your favourite song). In the distant future I see other ways to do this, but not now :-)
--
Read the Rules!
dino

Post by dino »

Looks like there's another pic up there!
Dino the Dark Dragon
----====[url=http://www.udic.org/]UDIC[/url]====----
Webmaster of [url=http://dino.shiftedphase.com/ultima/]Dino's Ultima Page[/url]
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I just had time to really look at your pics. You know, you really should setup Exult Studio. From the looks of it you would really really really enjoy it :-)
--
Read the Rules!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Yeah. It would be cool to make a whole new small island.

It's amazing how nowadays RPGs don't have the depth of this old Ultima game...
terok00001

Post by terok00001 »

(this is pete, i forgot my login name and had to make a new one) i dunno if ill try exult studio or not.. im content with what im doing at the moment... i must perfect my domain :) and if ANY rpg of today were this in-depth..... oh my... the possibilities... i cant wait to play the final release of exult.. (if there will be a "final" release, seeing how these things can be endlessly upgraded) (hell even the original BG had some glitches...) (and whats with the UnkBugChicken command on the debug menu for the original BG) (i use too many parenthesis eh?)
Bomb Bloke

Post by Bomb Bloke »

I gotta ask. How did you forget a login name as simple as 'Pete'? 8.

I presume you mean password, but oh well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me. :P
terok00001

Post by terok00001 »

no my login name was something involving chuckles the jester, i thought it would show that as the author name or something, but i havent seen my login name since i created the account, so oh well
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

LordChuckles
terok00001

Post by terok00001 »

ahh thanks :) time to work on my castle some more now