Where did reagents go ??

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Jon_Jones

Where did reagents go ??

Post by Jon_Jones »

My chars are in the store room in the castle, (the one that Lord British instructs us about).
I found two bags. One of them has a variety of reagents in it.
When I dragged this bag onto my Avatar, it just disappeared! :(
I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. I looked in all three of my character's backpaks. I searched all over the store room, but the bag 'o' reagents were nowhere to be found.

I'm playing on my Sharp Zaurus SL-C3200. I'm playing the 1.2 pdaXrom version of exult, "exult_1.2_armv5tel.ipk"
On the Zaurus, the GUI is somewhat difficult to master, and it is somewhat difficult to see what is in the back packs, so I installed exult onto my Windows XP desktop PC and loaded the savegame. The bag 'o' reagents is still nowhere to be found.
Is this a bug?
Thank you,
Jon

I'm going to make another post about "inventory and container gumps jumping around"
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-C3200
Paulon

Re: Where did reagents go ??

Post by Paulon »

I have no idea if you can use the SI gumps for Black Gate in the Zaurus version of Exult, but if can and you are, check the belt location. In SI you can equip a bag as a belt pouch, and they default to there if you drop them on the character and the slot isn't already filled.
Jon_Jones

Post by Jon_Jones »

Thank you for your reply Paulon.
I didn't have a belt on any of my chars at the time I dropped the bag on my lead char (Avatar).
None of my chars has a belt at this time. My lead char has a bedroll at the "belt position" There is no bag inside the bedroll either.
I do have a "kidney belt" in storage and just equipped it to one of my chars.
Is there a way to "open" the kidney belt, to look inside and see if anything is stored inside it?
I'm checking this stuff on my windows box with my Zaurus save file. It makes it a lot easier to find items.
I guess I need to play a new game, (on my win box) and see what happens when I get my new char to the store room. I'll save just before I drop the bag on my char.
I'm thinking the bag is lost in the original Zaurus savegame...
Jon_Jones

Post by Jon_Jones »

I started a new game on my windows box, and quickly investigated the murder in trinsic, and got the password.
I went to Lord British and answered all the questions, got the key in the study, and went to the store room.
I picked up everything except the 2 bags. I equipped anything that I could on my 3 chars.
Then I saved my game as a new game.
I tried, for the life of me, to drop the bag with the reagents onto any of my 3 chars, but it wouldn't drop into the char, the bag kept falling to the floor.
I then tried to place the bag inside someone's back pack. It would only drop into a back pack if it were almost empty, but would not drop into a "crowded" back pack.
I tried to attach it to the waist of a char, but it would not attach.
I couldn't "lose" this bag if I tried., so I guess the reagent bag in the Zaurus savegame is gone for good. Time to move on..

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this,
Jon