Can't train at Monitor list fields anymore?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
torfil

Can't train at Monitor list fields anymore?

Post by torfil »

I trained there once earlier in the game, and there was a guy at the desk there who I talked to - then I was led through the locked doors into the field for training.

However, now (after I've done the Fawn stuff, and freed Hawk) there is no one at the desk anymore (who was that person?) and when I talk to the fighters on the field, they don't realize that they are on the list field, or what time it is ("come to the list field at noon to train with me", and it's 12:30pm).

Is there another way I'm supposed to train at the List Fields?
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Can't train at Monitor list fields anymore?

Post by Dominus »

Read the FAQ yet?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
torfil

Post by torfil »

Apparently I did not - thought I did, but I guess I missed that part, oops.
...wow, that's a pretty serious bug.
BH4

Post by BH4 »

Hm. Y'know, he never actually disappeared for me. However, I HAVE found two bugs related to that.

1) Asking to train or fight, or virtually any interaction which requires you to go down into the arena through the doors, causes a big giant "X" (Y'know, the cursor X, along with that "AEH! >)< " noise.) .. and suddenly you're frozen, and have to quit because you can't do anything but stand there, waiting for a cursor that never returns to the moment / interaction cursor.

2) If you destroy those six chests down there in the place you can't access, .. well.. there's nothing whatsoever useful in those chests if you DO break them. As a matter of fact, DON'T break them AT ALL! If you do, training and fighting will just stop functioning entirely, even if you COULD go down in the arena. The Pikeman who greets you and asks who you want to train, etc, .. he'll just mutter something or other about having the usecode containers (Or something like that) having been broken. Yeah, those chests, are directly related to training. Yikes. :-P
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

> However, I HAVE found two bugs related to that.

I wouldn't call number 2 a bug. You can't get to those chests, so you can't destroy them... if you cheat, well that's your problem :-)