IDEA! in-game Item rotation, and mounting feature

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
CK

IDEA! in-game Item rotation, and mounting feature

Post by CK »

Have you always wanted to rotate that sword so it will fit on a shelf, or maybe that chair so you can actually sit at a table or mount that cool looking shield on the wall of your new home.

An item rotation feature would be perfect and it would work like the talk feature by pressing a key to get the crosshairs and the clicking the object to rotate, instead of placing the object on a carriage or ship and turning the ship to rotate the object, or having to throw out a chair because it's not facing the right direction. this feature would make ultima 7 PERFECT.
SB-X

Re: IDEA! in-game Item rotation, and mounting feature

Post by SB-X »

Hmm. The real idea is that you can use a ship to rotate some objects like chairs! I never thought about that. Thanks.
Andrea .B. Previtera

Post by Andrea .B. Previtera »

Sounds like a good idea for a number of reasons, should be easy to add, too - and it shouldn't in any way exploit the original game dynamics..
cyberfugue

Post by cyberfugue »

I always used the magic carpet in BG to rotate chests so they'd all line up in my storehouse.
cyberfugue

Post by cyberfugue »

Also the various planks and logs you find lying around. I always use those to build walls for my storeroom on a random island - and rotating them is sometimes necessary in order to make everything perfect.

Of course this is impossible in SI (no ships, carriages or magic carpets). So the rotation feature would definitely be nice there.
BH4

Post by BH4 »

Oh yeah, I also used the Magic Carpet to rotate items. (Have you ever rotated a piece of armor on it? It doesn't take to rotating well at all. XD ) It would be very nice to have a rotate option in Studio.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

This feature has been added to ExultStudio. The dialog that comes up when you double-click an object now has a button that rotates.
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

Quote:
>>Of course this is impossible in SI (no ships, carriages or magic carpets). So the rotation feature would definitely be nice there.

You could use the Magelords' little ship used to get to his SadoMaso retreat.