OOT: UO Pre Alpha

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
XxVenomxX

Re: OOT: UO Pre Alpha

Post by XxVenomxX »

That's great and all, and it's nice that you're so concerned about Exults' welfare, but let that be the forum leaders' prerogative. If they didn't like the discussion they'd cap it when this thread was created 5 months ago.
http://venom.gamersgraveyard.com
Fantasy art/Illustration by Brendan Setaro
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

in that regard we would get a c&d to delete those posts and not much more.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Bilbo-B

Post by Bilbo-B »

'UDICs might remember the lill package they wanted to hand to Garriot before EA suddenly stormed up front against them.'

Can anyone tell me tthe mean of this word?. I am not english native and it seems to be interesting.
WishStone Dragon

Post by WishStone Dragon »

UDIC is the Ultima Dragons Internte Chapter.
They once tried to write a game as a gift for Richard Garriot, the carbon copy of the ruler of Britannia in the Ultima games.
They called it around the phrases of "Ultima Dragons" or some such (been a while, sorry) and in no time, Electronic Arts was after their rear, threatening leagal actions.
*blows a ring of green smoke and curls up, purrrrring*
Bilbo-B

Post by Bilbo-B »

I know who is RG and i knows what is the UDIC, but i didnt understand what was the 'package' UDICs were to hand to Richard Garriot.
Ok, thank you very much. ^^
Razimus

Post by Razimus »

Hey wintermute_turing_ai & Covenant, thanks for providing access to the 96 UO Client! I've been looking for one since 1997. I am not a programmer but I will try to get the word out I contacted Tamino 3yrs ago and he said I would be the first to know of any updates then he disappeared, I am with wintermute and wish for a UoX type version of the UO Alpha client to be available free for everyone.

wintermute_turing_ai, I emailed you at your hotmail email and it says it doesn't exist, I'm Raz of Raz's Ultima Page, can you please email me, my email is the same as the one you have of my archived page, thanks.

--- Razimus
--- Razimus Dragon
aka Dr. Pepper Dragon
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

I remember this pre-alpha. I would love to see a server coming out!
Razimus

Post by Razimus »

Cool, well I am adding updates on my little progress, or non-progress with the project on my page, you can find my page by going to:

http://jove.prohosting.com/time0/

I tried to email wintermute_turing_ai, but his email address either doesn't exist or is full because I got an error reply message saying it couldn't be sent. If anyone has another way of contacting him please let me know.

Also if you want to join in on the project please let me know, thanks.

--- Razimus
--- Razimus Dragon
aka Dr. Pepper Dragon
Razimus

Post by Razimus »

I emailed wintermute, his email on his page has a typo which is why I got the error message, he forgot the R in winteR, so it says wintemute on the page. He hasn't replied yet but at least his email box exists, and the client link still works on his page.

There have been some updates on the project for more into go to my page:

http://home.comcast.net/~dhughston7/ultima/
--- Razimus Dragon
aka Dr. Pepper Dragon
mightydog

Post by mightydog »

Razimus, you do realize that wintermutes last post in this thread was over a year ago?¿?
wintermute_turing_ai

Post by wintermute_turing_ai »

Luckily mightydog, I do actually check this place from time to time ;)

Raz, I apologize for the typo on UOL. I got another email a week ago notifying me that I had made a mistake.

I'm glad to see that someone picked up the client and intends to do something with it .. there were my exact intentions from the beginning of course.

Since I got the client from Covenant, I've been unable to do any work on it unfortunately. I'm glad that Raz has taken up the monumental task of restarting the project. I'm familiar with your website, and hopefully it gets more traffic than mine ever will. I spent years trying to track down Tamino, but he more or less completely disappeared. Glad to see you managed to archive his screenshots, as I never managed to (I did get the skeleton of his website from archive.org however).

I'm just reading through your p-a development news, and I thought I'd let you know as much as I do:

- Yes, the UO production client is encrypted. "RICE" and "Ignition" are the tools currently used to decrypt the client. It may/may not work for the p-a client (I haven't tried).

- The 'original' UOX, the one written by a guy named Jaegermeister I believe, was actually geared to work for the pre-alpha client. He had a few friends at OSI that gave him the decryption key for the client, and worked from there. The UOX1 server project was quickly canned in light of the upcoming beta/release client. The last time I talked to Jaeger was over 5 years ago, and he's long since disappeared.

- Rebuilding the UO p-a map from 'memory' is probably unnecessary, as long as someone can build a map0.mul graphical viewer. It is likely that the same tool could translate from p-a .mul format to production client .mul format.

- art.mul file is in a different format from the production client art.mul format. The art is partially viewable, but things have shifted around a bit in the mul. I'm guessing that the color palette needs to be changed a bit, as well as a few other things.

- there are still quite a few veterans from the original p-a tests, that clung together in #ultima on EFnet back in the day. They've long since moved to another ircnet, but I'm sure I can track them down still.

If you need any more help, best way to get a hold of me is via email:
wintermute.turing.ai@_nospam_gmail.com

(thanks for the gmail invite btw)

cheers,
WM.
Cactus

Sound.mul error

Post by Cactus »

hi, while i install ultima onlien emperor , it gives an error such as sound.mul corrupted .. how can i fix it . i don't know the solution of this. What's that? please help to fix it.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

This is really not the forum to give support on this. Look up his profile to get help.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!