creating items in Ultima 7 with Exult SUCKS

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
LORD_DrDeathhand

creating items in Ultima 7 with Exult SUCKS

Post by LORD_DrDeathhand »

Dear People,

I have been playing ultima7 for AGES, first under Dos then through the utility thats on this page http://members.iinet.net.au/~rsd/U7inWindows.html

But then I found out about exult and I was like COOL, so I played it for a while, then I was like, YAY lets create some Bags that can hold my items.

If I remember correctly you would go to the cheat menu in ultima7 then to C for create, then you would give the item nr, which of 802 for that bag 810 was a bucket, 604 was a gold bar and stuff like that.

So i was like lets do this in exult, you have this item creater menu and stuff but its unclear as hell..... I cant figure out how to get certain items and stuff like that. Isnt it a possibility that the number option for creating items can be put back into the game, through exult?? that would help a load of people alot.

But maby some people here have tips for me on creating items with Exult in U7 then please tell me

GReetingss from Erik
PEace be with you

Always

DANGGGG YOU AVATAR!!!!!! DANNNGGGGG YOUUUUUuuuuu!!!
nex666

Re: creating items in Ultima 7 with Exult SUCKS

Post by nex666 »

This is an issue, but this probably isn't the best way to go about saying it. Get my drift?
I didn't think the cheating part of Ultima 7 was that essential and never noticed it! hehe
"So close to my mind and my heart, So far away from my arms and my body"
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

you sure have a way of asking other people to make it more comfortable for you.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

and to actually answer your question (which might need some rephrasing):

check the FAQ and the documentation. Your answer is in section 5.3 of one of them.

Happy reading!

Artaxerxes
Michele

Post by Michele »

I believe the Create Item option was removed since Exult Studio now covers that function.

Creating a whole new story, or sub plots for the existing ones, is far more fun than trying to cheat (which spoils the fun).

As for Bags, that teleport storm near where yo meet Thoxa seems to make those (as long as that usecode is able to reset like in the original SI), it also makes a lotta trash.
Sissy Knox- not logged in :(

Post by Sissy Knox- not logged in :( »

Don't forget the yellow lightning right between Sleeping Bull and Monitor- I always get bags there. Also, fur boots, baskets and other useful things. It requires a lot of walking back and forth to reset the egg, and a lot of patience- you can end up with a lot of junk (I take nice items like flowers and pots to decorate the Bull). These items shouldn't disappear if you add them to your inventory right away.
MV

Post by MV »

Don't forget the yellow lightning right between Sleeping Bull and Monitor- I always get bags there. Also, fur boots, baskets and other useful things. It requires a lot of walking back and forth to reset the egg, and a lot of patience- you can end up with a lot of junk (I take nice items like flowers and pots to decorate the Bull). These items shouldn't disappear if you add them to your inventory right away.
I use the strike zone that is near the start of the game, or the one just above the tower that is just outside of monitor (north of). I get useful things like jewelery, magic boots, bags, food. :)
LORD_DrDeathhand

Well lads.

I have found out how to create items, soo thats cool, but LOL I found out something else.

Remember in the normal (normal as in not Exult but under DOS or that Windows thingy I mentioned earlyer) Ultima7 and Serpent Isle when you turned on the HACK mover that you could like Move EVERYTHING?? and like havE TONS AND TONS of items in weight in your backpack??

Well, I found out how to create the items and stuff in exult so I was happy, I found out they kept the item nr's as they where but one just has to scroll through them and voila, press insert and done. Well, so with nr 802, hehe I was right, I created like 10 bags, one bag for one specific item kind, like one for reagents, one for all your weapons, and all that crap.

So here I go to my backpack with the HACKmover on, I try to move the bags through my backpack, to give them a good place in a certain order... and what the heck do I get BLEEP "Wont fit" or something like that. Soooo I was like WTF.... they changed it???

So now my question is. Have they changed the HACKmover option?? to limit you to only move like stuff in the surroundings but not in your backpack?? or is it something else??

I find this very strange.... and I know I know, some people will say oww the cheating option in ultima is not important or something like that. And indeed the game is so awsome without cheating, but after finishing it a million times, then its fun to play it again with cheats. Like for instance, you make every party member a packhorse, for instance, I always made dupre my money packhorse, and Iolo my food packhorse, and Shamino my weapon packhorse... but now that just doesnt work anymore unggg.

Or is there an option that I am not seeing and that I just have to press a button and voila it works again?? then please let me know. Otherwise it will be back to the Running in windows thingy for me because, all these changes are good and fun and all, but I want to play Ultima7 with all its good things and bad things (like as if there are any :) ) in the most pure way possible.

GReetings from Erik
PEace be with you

Always

I can offer some insight-

In Exult, when [H]ackmover is on, you can carry as much stuff as you want, stone-wise. However, a backpack can only fit so much bulk. You can carry a lot of tiny things (like bandages and gems), or a couple big things (like crates). Usually, you have a lot of medium-sized things, such as food, a couple weapons, and the like. Bags are somewhat bulky- they can take up a lot of space. You can only fit about two or three in there at once, from what I've found.

Hence the "Won't Fit" text- you can only squeeze so much stuff into a little backpack, even with [H]ackmover :).
Alun Bestor

Post by Alun Bestor »

So in other words, yes they did change it: it disregards the weight limitation, but not the volume limitation.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

sorry to be so very nitpicky now:
Exult isn't an emulator, that runs the original game with all its features. Exult is a game engine, that runs the original data files. Since some things are not in the data files but in the original game executeables, not everything runs the same. So we didn't change it, we made t different.
I know, the same point, only different but I couldn't help being nitpicky :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

If you want the game to work like the original try Dosbox.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

And we usually try to fix minor things like this when they get pointed out. I just have to remember to do it when I get home.
LORD_DrDeathhand

Hmmzzz cool that all of you guys are responding in such a big way :) wel let me answer a couple of answers from your side.

Sissy knocks, pffff I know how the backpack works now, about the little things and the big things, but the whole reason why I made that long long line about the backpack was to show you that it has changed from the origional game , where when you had the HACK mover on that you could put EVERYTHING in your backpack.

LOLZ dominuz :) you have a point there, but as you said it your self, the end result is the same, that it doesnt work like it should work :)

And Sheesh Natreg, DUHHHH if you read my post correctly you would have known before placing your post that I HAVE Been playing the game in sort of a dosbox wise AKA this page page http://members.iinet.net.au/~rsd/U7inWindows.html

And DrCode, I really hope you wont forget this little thing in the next version or update that you will release for exult, because well it seems a little thing, but when you are like, configuring your party and stuff, then you want to be able to put as much crap as possible in your backpack :)

Well anyways I wonder what your reactions will be

GReetingss from Erik
PEace be with you

Always

SB-X

Post by SB-X »

Otherwise it will be back to the Running in windows thingy for me
So long then!

I was merely trying to point out the difference between Exult and U79x where Hackmover and the backpack are concerned.
LORD_DrDeathhand

Heyyy Sissy, I know you where trying to do that, and you did do a dang fine job :) but hehe, I already knew the difference between them :) but thanks anyways.

And So long SB-X I wish you a good one!
PEace be with you

Always