regarding that cool 3-d engine

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions

regarding that cool 3-d engine

Post by Avatar »

wasn't there some talk about creating a remake of black gate into 3-d?
what ever happened to that?
Servus

Re: regarding that cool 3-d engine

Post by Servus »

It's still being worked on. We're finishing up the Playstation 2 port.

- Sam
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

since you (Avatar/justice..) don't own U7 you can't play it anyway...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Will it come out for the PC?

Post by Avatar »

i found a copy. look dominus we haven't been in good relations for a while, why don't we start new?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

the problem is that you are using an illegal copy and you've been spamming the board.
Unless you tell and prove me you bought a legal copy there is nothing to say.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Beryllium

Post by Beryllium »

I agree with you that, without evidence, there is nothing to say about the legality of any copies that Avatar had, has, or may have in future. Please keep that in mind, and if you actually have anything useful to say on the topic of this thread, the 3-D engine, then I'm all ears.
Servus

Post by Servus »

I was just joking about a PS2 port; sorry about the confusion. Exult3D still is indeed being worked on, although very slowly -- my work and social life lead very little free time. There is a lot of modelling, animating and texturing to be done, as well as some programming. The mix of remaining work is probably half and half between modelling/etc and programming (to the point that I am happy with the implementation).

Hope to have more information soon!

-Sam
nadir
Site Admin

Post by nadir »

Servus, maybe moving development out in the open will help you find other people who are willing to fill in the missing bits.
Shittah Dragon

Post by Shittah Dragon »

I'm an ultima dragon by the way. IF u can tell me where I can find a legal copy thats affordable i will quickly erase all illegal copies from my system, the only reason and i repeat ONLY reason I use illegal copies is because i can't find another way of locating it. Not because i am cheap
Shittah Dragon

Post by Shittah Dragon »

Also Do you think You can get a paperdoll thing going for black gate? so far BG only puts on armor when u have SI installed too.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

stop wasting our time and posting OT. Renaming yourself doesn't really help. And only because you claim to be a dragon doesn't make you more entitled for an illegal copy.
And what's your Dragon name anyway, huh?
--
Read the Rules!
Kasper Fauerby

Post by Kasper Fauerby »

It's not very hard getting a legal copy of the entire series. Typing in 'Ultima Collection' on Ebay got me about 20 hits, many of which will ship worldwide (or pretty much everywhere). Here is one example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Otherwise you can look for it whereever else you would find used stuff in your country (I'm sure you know of SOME places - newspapers, webpages etc.) If everything else fails you might find someone who wants to sell you a copy if you ask nicely on the UDIC newsgroups or on http://www.horizonstavern.com/ubbthread ... rd=Testing

- Kasper
Shittah Dragon

Post by Shittah Dragon »

really? The reason i can't get it on ebay is because my parents don't trust buying things off the internet. and since the local used games shop doesn't even have any pc versions i am stuck for a while. Also i don't re-name to hide myself i do it because i think the different names are cool. I haven't done anything that bad, your persucuting me dominus. And that IS bad. I made mistakes early on being a jerk, but i apologized and changed. why do u still have it out for me? honestly i am being serious. i want to know.
Shittah Dragon

Post by Shittah Dragon »

Also I am a dragon and you already know my name its posted. I signed up a week ago. The site is busted right now. let that be proof. at least it is on my ip. Or do u call i a browser, anyway There seems to be a connection between nuvie for ultima 6 and some developers on exult my parental controls prevent me from going to their forums so i will ask here, how long will it be before a complete nuvie dl comes out?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I made mistakes early on being a jerk, but i apologized and changed. why do u still have it out for me? honestly i am being serious. i want to know.
1. You repeatedly posted links to abandonware sites and I can understand it happening once, but not twice and more.
2. You repeatedly asked for an illegal copy of the game.
Especially the 2nd point makes it hard for me not to just close every thread from you. I'm not so naive to believe every user here does own a legal copy, but at least they hide it better.
Nice dragon name, but being a dragon still doesn't entitle you to own an illegal copy of U7.
--
Read the Rules!
Shittah Dragon

Post by Shittah Dragon »

i never made the point of because i am a dragon i have an excuse to own an illegal copy. and you said on the faq origin doesn't even exist anymore it doesn't make money so piracy doesn't hurt it.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

Origin, and Ultima are owned by Electronic Arts. So piracy does hurt.