Two SI Questions

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
MokahTGS

Two SI Questions

Post by MokahTGS »

First: In Moonshae, when you receive the magic talking scroll from the automaton. If you click on it and start the conversation Roluncula (sp?) asks you to help her. If you answer “no” she ends the conversation and the magic scroll disappears. How do you continue the quest? The first time through this game I answered “yes” and everything works fine. Now what?

Second: I don’t remember how to start the Silver Seed quest. Can someone tell me where that starts and how?
Mokah
The Grumpy Strumpet
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Two SI Questions

Post by Dominus »

Silver Seed, when you get to monk island and talked to the headmaster there, he will gave you an amulet. Wear this and doubleclick a serpent gate and you are already on your way.
To get to monk island, either die, or wait till the plot leads you there. DON'T cheat teleport there.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

Ooooohhhhh....I forgot about the monks. When I played this way back when I got there by dying early on in the game.

I think I'm gonna start over.
Mokah
The Grumpy Strumpet
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

If you answer no to Rotoluncia's request, she'll take the next step after a while. You'll notice it automatically :-)
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

To get to the silver seed you must doubleclick the amulet while waring it, not the serpent gate :)

By the way I always said no to Rotoluncia, is it something different if you say yes?
MV

Post by MV »

It seems everyone has played this before, so the spoiler below shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, after the converstation with the scroll, go back to flindo and he'll tell you that you will be having an audience with filberco. After the dinner, go and speak to bucia to find out potho's heritage, then go and make a deal with pothos, then after the task is done and you return to pothos, one of your companions will be kidnapped by rotoluncia......
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Oops :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Orioneth

Post by Orioneth »

Mokah!!!! Hello Mokah! I remember you from ages ago on NWN Stratics. :)

Glad to see you followed my recommendation for Exult, if you remember it!

Yes, and you need to double click the amulet when you are near a gate, of course.
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

!!!! Orion!!! Holy Cesar’s ghost!! It's been a long time! Check this out:

http://www.thegrumpystrumpet.com/rou/index.htm
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

For some reason I'm not getting the amulet when I talk to the monks. I've talked to all of them.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

do you actually have the add-on installed?
You have to talk to the head monk you meet right at the start of the game.
--
Read the Rules!
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

I have the Silver Seed Logo in the title screen, so as far as I can tell it installed correctly. The monk says nothing about an amulet.
Mokah
The Grumpy Strumpet
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

maybe you got it already :)
It has a purple pendant. If you didn't wear a necklace when he talked to you, it might have been autoequipped on your paperdoll.
--
Read the Rules!
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

nope, I've tried every pendant I can find and none of them are it.
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

I just started a new game and I wasn't given a pendant.
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I tried and got it fine; I never had a problem getting it, as far as Exult 1 or so.

To recap, what I did is: start the game and get the Hourglass of Fate from Thoxa. Then, I killed myself in the left over fire fields, to be resurrected in Monk Isle. Among the options in the conversation, there is one ("discovery") which results in the amulet being given to the avatar. For the record, it is green, not purple as Dominus said.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
MokahTGS

Post by MokahTGS »

Unfortunately I did exactly what you did and never got the "discovery" option in the dialogue.

I have SS installed and the logo appears in the opening screen. It's still not working.

:(
Mokah
The Grumpy Strumpet