brittania in u7

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Lost Iolo

brittania in u7

Post by Lost Iolo »

have any of you noticed how strikingly much brittania has changed in the last 200 years? For example, the wayfarers inn once stood near the shore in u6, but now is all the way up near the castle. Now magicly there is a whole bunch of shops and land where the sea used to be. If there were dramatic changes in u7 like earthquakes and cataclysms like after mondain was defeated or when the stygian abyss was closed or even when the underworld collapsed wouldn't a character mention it to someone as important as the avatar? And note I didn't say the isle of fire, I meant just overall.
Shaun

Re: brittania in u7

Post by Shaun »

Man, if you're concentrating on the layout of Britain, don't forget all of the much more striking changes throughout the rest of the game! No Ultima has really ever followed suit to its predecessor that much. I guess Origin was never too concerned with such pinpoint consistency! Probably something to do with better graphical capabilities and different programming teams from game to game. I say, just let it slide and enjoy the damn game! Compared to what they did to Britannia in Ascension, Black Gate is flawless!
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

In U5 people mention the earthquakes causing land changes.
Lost Iolo

Post by Lost Iolo »

what is so bad about u9? is it all underwater or somethin like major cities gone????
nex666

Post by nex666 »

It's not all under water, the columns caused serious earthquakes etc.
"So close to my mind and my heart, So far away from my arms and my body"
Lost Iolo

Post by Lost Iolo »

so are citys changed are there new islands
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Guys, if you're criticising Ultima 7 for being so inconsistant with the other Ultimas, then you should check out Ultima 9. So much has changed over there that I can't count the differences in one day!
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

things changed in Ultima IX? oh I always though the shrine of humility was on the same Island as New Magincia, and that Cove, Minoc and the shrine of Sacrifice shared the same island, aka Dagger isle :)
eternal light

Post by eternal light »

cove and minoc weren't on an island on any of the games i don't think, cove was always on the mainland and also the shrine of humility is on the isle of the avatar.

and wouldn't it have been cool if the shrines played a part in u7? the runes and stones and shrines always played a crucial role except in the first couple.
dunk

Post by dunk »

Also, the Shrine of Sacrifice was not present in U7. All of the others were (and in the correct locations), but Sacrifice disappeared. The kid in Paws (the farmer's son, not the Fellowship brat) said something about it not being there anymore, but not a reason. I made a point to visit each of them in my last game.

Also, Cove is pretty easily accesible in U7, not sure about U6, but in U4 and U5, you needed a ship on Lock Lake (or the blink spell) to access it.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Hmm. I seem to remember Sacrifice still being around. And its locale inhabited by a liche, too.

Neutronium Dragon
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Also, the Shrine of Sacrifice was not present in U7
???? Says who? It is there, in the middle of the desert: 16N, 139E.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

The Shrine of Sacrifice appears on Ultima VII, it´s on the dry lands surrounder by water and at night a liche appears there.

the shrine I had problems finding in u7 was the shrine of humility, mostly because I played u6 and I was searching in the wrong place of the Island :)

Cove is also easy to acces in u6, if you don´t count the Gargoyles at the shrine.
eternal light

Post by eternal light »

Who was the woman on the shrine of sacrifice? there so many unsolved things in u7. maybe was it the woman in the bards song? natashias mom?
dunk

Post by dunk »

Hmm, I never found the Shrine of Sacrifice. I will have to look again.
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

Lol, try to resurrect that woman, you will end having 2 Iolos :)
eternal light

Post by eternal light »

i tryed and it wouldn't work
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

> Who was the woman on the shrine of sacrifice? there so many unsolved
> things in u7. maybe was it the woman in the bards song? natashias mom?

From what was said, the (great?) grandmother being referred to was the little girl studying to be a bard in U6. Arianna... I think that was it. Drat, my recollection is fading too much. I need to go play it again!

Neutronium Dragon
The Viking

Post by The Viking »

Methinks thou art correct
eternal light

Post by eternal light »

By the way why are the dungeons so tiny in u7? U6 dunegons were so huge you could get lost. now all we have is a few tunnels. And there isn't even the cool dungeon theme, da da... da da.... da da... da da da da da da da da da da da da da....
Go to aurics moongates

Moongates.com ANd u will know the song i am talking about.
eternal light

Post by eternal light »