Thanks

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Mike_Hawk

Thanks

Post by Mike_Hawk »

I would like to start of saying thank all for creating this. I thought I was the only one who liked this game and didn't realize there was such a following. I can't even get this game cheap on eBay!

I was going to somehow get an OLD computer and somehow make it work, but this seems to be a much easier solution.
Orioneth

Re: Thanks

Post by Orioneth »

...easier, cheaper and it improves the game no end. ;)
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

At first I thought Mike M. might be Mike McShafley (sp?), who I think was the manager during the development of SI. But he probably wouldn't need to look on EBay for the game.
Omnibus

Post by Omnibus »

Yeh, this is easily the best RPG out there at any cost. I was one of those idiots that ran out and bought the Ultima games the day they came out at the cost of about $75.00 each--bugs and lack of patches included. I swear I have the oldest U7, SI and U8 games in existance! I still have them in their original boxes with all the accessories... I even still have the metal ankhs that came with Ultima 4 and 5, too (for the Commodore). I have two versions of the Brittania maps for Ultima 5 because we had to take the game back (and forgot to put the map back in!), then got another map with the new game. One is dark and very colorful, the other is brighter, less colorful, and looks like it was silkscreened...
I cannot say "thanks" enough for all the effort that is going into ressurrecting the best RPG ever. By the time this is all said and done, Exult will me a monster of a game, renewing intrest everywhere.
About using an old computer: I built a 486DX 33mhz computer from parts I found at the Rescue Mission--for a cost of about $25.00 including the monitor, and it works GREAT for running the original programs. The speed is correct, the sound is great (played through vintage Koss battery-powered speakers).... But there are all the flaws and faults that the game had in the first place. Exult promises to be a much, much better game when it is done, and I can't wait to see the completed results!
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

lol, I´m jealous, I don´t have any maps nor any accesories of Ultima games... well the U9 tarot cards (no cloth map...) ... but no anhks, orbs or anything else.... my u8 is just the CD-rom without boxes, and mostly all others are from the UC and my underworlds are the spanish versions which didn´t have any accesories (at least the underworlds had the official wlakthroughs... :) )
Beldavid

Post by Beldavid »

I got REAL lucky I managed to 3-9 plus uu1 and uu2 with every thing but it cost me about 150$ - 250$
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Guess I was also lucky, having found the "2nd Ultima Trilogy" in a used-software store several years ago for about $20. It had U4-U6 with all three cloth maps.
painful

Post by painful »

I was curious if anyone knows of a site with pictures of the Orb of the Moons accessory from I think Ultima 6.. might have been an earlier one. I have this neat little rock, its dark grayish silver and really smooth, and it's with all my Ultima accessories from the game packs but I'm not actually sure it's the moonstone because I don't remember getting it with any of the Ultima's I bought unless it came with the original Ultima 6 w/ cloth map, official hint and strategy guide, and ankh set that I happened upon in a yard sale a few years back. I can place all the ankh's I have, the cloth maps, the tarot cards from U9, and various other goodies, except for the moonstone looking rock.
-kel, ascendence.net
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I think there is a "place" called the Ultima museum or so. Google for that and look if it is there, or contact the owner of the site, since he/she seems to know his/her stuff :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
painful

Post by painful »

Thanks Dom! :D
-kel, ascendence.net