Some suggestions

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
The Viking

Some suggestions

Post by The Viking »

Some suggestions for things that someone might want to fix:

1) After you've talked to Raymundo at the theatre, and accepted his offer for an audition, Gaye asks you if you want to buy an Avatar costume every time you visit her, even after you've auditioned with Raymundo - wouldn't it make more sense if she only asked about this the first time?

2) When you meet people like Tseramed and Katrina, only the three "default" companions plus Spark is recognised, the others are just greeted with "I hope you are fine" or something similar. Surely at least Katrina should recognise people like Jaana, Sentri and Julia, having travelled with them before? Same thing when you are offered to drink of the Well of Humility in New Magincia - the only ones (it seems) that accept the offer, are Spark, Iolo, Shamino and Dupré - ain't the others humble?

3) Would it be possible to move the ship Lord British gives you (Forge of Virtue) to the docks in Britain? Surely that'd make much more sense than having it placed in remote Vesper?
saboteur

Re: Some suggestions

Post by saboteur »

I agree.
saboteur

Post by saboteur »

i don't even use the golden ankh, because its so far out of the way u can just use f3
The Viking

Post by The Viking »

Only SERIOUS replies to this thread wanted in the future

[edit by wjp: calm down...]
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

I think that there were a few reasons that the ship is in Vesper.

It's out of the way, so when you installed the patch (way back when) it was much less likely to impact your saved games.

Having it in Vesper meant that it wasn't competing with the local shipwrights anywhere else. (Why buy the ship in Britain when you've got a free one right there?)

Vesper is probably nearest and easiest to reach the Isle of Fire from without using cheats.

Neutronium Dragon
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

about 1) it would make sense in the game to ask you UNTIL you bought it once. But then she should stop asking you :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
The Viking

Post by The Viking »

Dominus:

Yeah, you've got a point there. The way it is now, however, she asks you EVERY time...