editting drsfx.flx pack

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
iggy

editting drsfx.flx pack

Post by iggy »

Can you open up these sound effects pack and put in your own? Like, I'm thinking of putting a GTA: vice city ocean .wav in for U7's ocean, and I think it's in a different place, but the U9 version of the song "stones". Is this possible?
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: editting drsfx.flx pack

Post by Dominus »

he he, didn't think anyone would still use that. last time I did ANYTHING with that pack was in april 2002 :)
Anyway, you have to use expack (from our tools) to extract all files and then to pack them again (read the expack.txt that comes with the tools).
after extracting all the files, they will have the filetype u7o, rename them to wav (example 1.u7o to 1.wav). the ocean sound should be 50.u7o/wav or so.

For adding the u9 stones, you have to use our digital music pack and replace the stones ogg file with the u9 one.
don't know which one that is, though
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
iggy

Post by iggy »

Hey thanks so much for the help. The ocean noise was #49 by the way. I had to go into dos to use the tool because the command line wouldn't support 114 wav files being put into one FLX file.

I don't know how to find out the corresponding .ogg for stones etc. I would love to just use the old midi ones, with new stones additionally, but I guess that's not possible.

Oh well! My drsfx.flx with my vice city ocean noise is really spiffy, it was seriously worth the trouble, I'm not even joking :D
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I had to go into dos to use the tool because the command line wouldn't support 114 wav files being put into one FLX file.
that's why I always used an index file (or in the expack.txt it's called input file), which is just a txtfile which has the name of the flx on top and then lists the file to pack into it :)

Stones: 22bg.ogg
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
iggy

Post by iggy »

Sweet, yeah there are .ogg mp3 converters I just found out. I want to find tons of music from ultima 9 to put in as well though. Does anyone know a site where there are most of U9's game mp3's?

Man, having the perfectly customized U7 is so awesome. I'm having a blast playing U7 without cheating or stealing. The exult team did such an amazing job, I get into battles and I get pretty hurt, but enough so it's a challenge.. so then I make bandages and buy potions, nothing is more fun.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

There is a program that rips the music from the U9 files. Don't know what it is called though...
--
Read the Rules!
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

U9Decode, the program and it's source can be found [url=http://www.bursik.de/ultima/tools/ultim ... start.html]here[/u]
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

thanks Gunnar
--
Read the Rules!
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

You can even make the battles in U7 tougher if you want.
Andy

Post by Andy »

I'd also recommend finding a copy of the U9 soundtrack CD. The songs appear to be more complete (uncut, and better sound quality). Then rip the songs that aren't included on the soundtrack CD from the game.

Here's a list of songs that are included on the U9 Soundtrack CD.

Ambush
Bats and Spiders
Britain (positive)
Gargoyles
Good End Game
Good vs. Evil
Humanoids
Intro
Minoc (negative)
Moongate
Moonglow (negative)
Moonglow (positive)
New Magencia (slightly different from game)
Paws
Pyros
Samhayne
Stones (chamber)
Terfin
Undead (intense)
Valoria Ships
Walking Theme

And here are the songs that are only in the U9 Game

Ambrosia
Britain (negative)
Buccaneer's Den