Curing Cantra?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
pak150

Curing Cantra?

Post by pak150 »

I have a question about curing Cantra - I was searching around the forum and found that the SI Fixes patch allows Cantra to be cured of her imbalance. I installed the patch (by putting the contents of the SIFixes data folder, which consisted of a single file "initgame.dat" into my patch folder, which is at ./data/si/patch/), but am currently unable to cure her. I've dumped her water from all 6 shrines to no avail. I haven't defeated the banes yet, however. If anyone could give me any guidance, I'd appreciate it. I'm running version 1.4.01 on Mac Os X. Any help would be appreciated!
Wizardry Dragon

Re: Curing Cantra?

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

You'll need the Usecode file that comes with SIFixes for that to work properly, I believe.

--------
Peter M Dodge aka Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer
Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
pak150

Post by pak150 »

There's a usecode.uc file located in /sifixes/src. Should I copy the src directory to my patch directory, or is there something else I should do? Right now I'm just going off of the readme file which says:

With that out of the way: there are two ways to install the mod:

1) If you are using DOS/Windows ... (which I'm not),
2) Copy the contents of the "data" folder to your SI's PATCH folder.

Thanks in advance for your help.
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

That is because the 'data' dir in the Exult source doesn't have the usecode file as it is a generated file (I really should update that readme file...). What to do is this: get UCC (either compile it yourself or download the tools snapshot from the download page) and run 'ucc -ousecode path_to_usecode.uc', replacing 'path_to_usecode.uc' by the full path to 'usecode.uc' (+filename, of course). This will create a 'usecode' file, which you can copy to SI's 'patch' dir.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
pak150

Post by pak150 »

Thanks! I got it working. For those who have built the latest snapshot, UCC is in the /usecode/compiler directory. Also, Cantra is healed with water from the logic temple.

Thanks again,

me
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Hmm... I seem to recall Cantra spewing lines that were more along the dialogue of wantonness (like Gwenno) rather than insanity. They were possessed by the same bane, too, according to one of the journals.

Neutronium Dragon