New possibilities for Serpent Isle

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
AnyOtherName

New possibilities for Serpent Isle

Post by AnyOtherName »

Since Exult has been updated to allow for further expansion, this has brought so many new possibilities to the front... Anyone remember those old design docs that were released? Imagine if a bunch of people could get together and try to make those a reality... the kind of world they described was epic and intense on a level never quite before seen in an RPG... and entirely possible now too... if a few people from this community got together, as large a job as it would be, and tried to make this kind of thing possible... we could make the best game ever (IMO) far better again... beyond anything we've seen.
I remember reading those design docs and was almost speechless, yet sad that a game that was so good as it was... was destined to be far better again.
I am afraid i'd be of little use, i'm a music composer/arranger, and have some small 2d art skills... but I guess my skills aren't completeley useless.
the exult community has a lot of skilled, albeit cynical members... who I think if they were willing could make this a huge reality... I'll list some of the changes which could set the ball rolling ...
I also have extensive skills in dialogue writing, which would be quite handy, I have been a writer for many years now... for this and that.

* Expansion of Moonshade - making the town physically more as it was supposed to be, 2 story homes, more small mundane characters...

* Implementation of post madness moonshade...
This would be a large piece of work... but it would put in a huge new portion of the game meant to be there....

Alot of work... but if people are willing to start something like this rolling... I would get to work on dialogue...

Keep in contact... dragon_dreams_band@hotmail.com
SB-X

Re: New possibilities for Serpent Isle

Post by SB-X »

pak150

Re: New possibilities for Serpent Isle

Post by pak150 »

I definitely think there's possibilities for some additional quests after the banes have been driven out of the party. I always wanted to tie in the Silver Seed expansion to somehow "cure" the evils caused by the banes. There could be one quest per town, and the result would be resurrecting each town's inhabitants etc... For Monitor, maybe a cured Cantra could also play a role.

I understand the Feudal lands project is temporarily on hold, but hopefully something like this could be added when it's back in development.

me