A query about NPC schedules and overriding events.

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Peter Olafson

A query about NPC schedules and overriding events.

Post by Peter Olafson »

Morning, all.

Every so often, an NPC's schedule may be changed by an overriding event. For instance, at the beginning of TBG, Trinsic mayor Finnegan loiters in front of the stable from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. (so he can encounter the player) even though his schedule calls for him to move to his office at 6 a.m.

I know how to call up the base schedules for NPCs, but is there a way to access these overriding events within the editors and "cheats" currently available under ExUlt? Or are these schedule exceptions somehow hardcoded somewhere? I've not been able to find them, and would be grateful for any help.

With thanks,

Peter
Peter Olafson

Re: A query about NPC schedules and overriding events.

Post by Peter Olafson »

And a non-schedule question: I notice that (at least in TBG) NPCs eating at home or at work all seem to fast. They'll sit at the table at mealtimes, but no food appears on their plates. Is this a bug or just something that wasn't implemented?

Thanks!

Peter
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

The special schedule changes can be done in usecode (the script that drives the plot). This is done a lot in SI where there's a special call for changing an NPC's schedule.

Eating: They're supposed to get served food, and I know it used to work. Is it broken recently?
Peter Olafson

Post by Peter Olafson »

Thanks for the reply!

Is there a way I can determine which characters have such special changes? (It's not visible -- at least, not in a clear-cut way -- in the NPC schedules that can be accessed via the cheat menus.)

The home/office feeding isn't working in the current Win32 build. (I don't think I've ever seen it in action.)

Peter