Possible bug but I'm not sure

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Verlaine

Possible bug but I'm not sure

Post by Verlaine »

Has anyone noticed that the Musket seems to be able to fire more shots than the amont of ammo you have?

I walked out of trinsic with a musket and 3 ammunition and no party members to go hunting. I saw a deer and started shooting and was attacked by foxes i seemedto get off quite a few shots before the avatar started duking it out with his fists.

Not that I'm really complaining I think there is only like 75 ammo in the game total that can be had without cheating.
alagner

Re: Possible bug but I'm not sure

Post by alagner »

Click on the giant bones and a small bag of ammuntion will appear.
As for firing too much shots than bullets owned - I have no idea.
A.M.Miera
vel. Alagner Dragon
Verlaine

Post by Verlaine »

Oh my! sitll things I don't know aobut U7!!!

I assume you mena like the giant skull behind the casle on skara brae? Oh wait there's giant bones in swamps too...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Is this with the last official version or with the snapshot?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
alagner

Post by alagner »

>>Oh my! sitll things I don't know aobut U7!!!

I doubt anyone knows everything. BTW - recently [hm...sth like half a year ago. I'm lacking spare time now ;/] I decided to finish the game 100%. I mean - exploring every cave, getting every treasure etc. It took me a week of constant exploration and I still have doubts if maybe there is some treasure left. And there is probably.

>>I assume you mena like the giant skull behind the casle on skara brae? Oh wait there's giant bones in swamps too...

I don't know whether the skull behind Horance's castle works [rather not I suppose], but the ones found in swamps north of Trinsic surely will do the trick, as well as many other you encounter. I'm not sure whether they "recharge" or there's still a limited amount of ammunition, though this method will increase your firepower a lot I suppose. ;)
A.M.Miera
vel. Alagner Dragon
Verlaine

Post by Verlaine »

Yeah that should help!

Years ago I always equipped the Avatar with the Hoe of Destruction but later on it became a toss up between the Black Sword and a Musket

I have to look agian when I get home and see what version I have I think I have a fairly recent one though I think it's 1.4.01

I know what you mean about finding newthings I think there are parts of some ofthe dungeons I have yetto explore expessilly the southeastern part of despise.

Speaking of which this time I really should go thorugh all of Deceit I usually landthe carpet in the cyclops' valley.

Speaking of the Hoe of Destruction, is blackrock not exploding a known bug? I've always used blackrock to blowthe door off the shed. Been doing it since the original :) I knowthere's a key in a fish somewhere but I can't remember where.
Malignant Manor
Site Admin

Post by Malignant Manor »

In the latest version, the musket is using the proper amount of ammo and blackrock explodes.

There is a problem with the door not being removed by explosions though. Setting the door to quality zero allows it to break but all wooden doors should be breakable. I'm not sure when this was broken, but it worked in 05'.
Verlaine

Post by Verlaine »

Okay thanks I'm now running the latest version I was afew back on 1.4.01