Pocket PC Features / Bug Fixes

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Xelasarg

Re: Pocket PC Features / Bug Fixes

Post by Xelasarg »

Same problem on both my MDA Vario II (HTC TyTN) and my old XDA III (Qtek 9090).
I've tested both versions with the same result. The last version (20070628) works fine though.
Mormeguil

Post by Mormeguil »

Exactly Alex the 20070628 verson works fine on both my qtek and htc, but the vary latest has that problem
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Hmm...thats odd. At least I can try to determine what the differences are and go from there. Its just very annoying that I can't seem to recreate the problem.
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

The very strange part here is that I have the phone just before the MDA Verio II (Its a Cingular 3125) .... and I don't have any problems as described above.
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Ok...here's a thought. When you guys "upgraded" to the version after the 28th -- did you update all files (except the config file), or just the Exult executable?
Mormeguil

Post by Mormeguil »

Well i think i copied exult directory to the main memory ,on top of the other instalation then put a fresh exult.cfg
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Why not try using a fresh install directory and a fresh download of the latest version?
Mormeguil

Post by Mormeguil »

Ok i tried That, doesn t work, i even removed the savegames and started a new game, still crashes as soon you hit gameplay menu
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Ok. I'll try to get you a special debug version soon, that will allow me to figure out EXACTLY where its crashing in the code. It may take some back and forth work ... but we'll get it.

Thanks!
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Ok. I have a temporary special debug binary for you. I've zipped it up...you'll just need to extract this in the directory where you run Exult from.

This is exactly what I want you to try to do:
1. Run Exult.
2. Start a new game
3. Double click on the avatar as soon as you get past the intro
4. Click on the Disk
5. Click on the "Gameplay Options"
(It should crash here, but if not, continue)
6. Click on "OK"
7. Click on "Quit"
8. Click on "Yes"

Here's the link:
http://exult.info/snapshots/Exult-TMPDEBUG.zip

It should crash just after step 5 as normal, but stdout.txt should give me more useful information. Please paste the contents of stdout.txt here, as well as your exult.cfg file.

I'll take care of handling the bug report.

Thanks!
Mormeguil

Post by Mormeguil »

Ok Lanica i did what you asked and...

it didn't crash made it trough all the steps

here are the contents of The Files

EXULT.CFG

\Storage Card\Ultima7\Part1

(default)

\Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2

(default)

jmsisfx.flx

yes

yes

gs

yes

gm

no

no

no

gm

yes

no

yes

no

no

yes

no

yes

no

no

no

original

no

yes

yes

2xSaI

no

no

SDOUT

Warning, trailing slash in path: "\Exult\data\"
timidity.cfg:
Failed to initialize midi player (code: 1)
Failed to initialize midi player (code: 1)
Digital SFX's file specified: jmsisfx.flx... but file not found

Platform: Windows CE Version 5.1 Build 195
Config file: \Exult\exult.cfg
Exult path settings:
Data : \Exult\data\.
Digital music : \Exult\data\\music

Up 37
Down 39
Left 40
Right 38
A 112
B 113
C 193
Start 134
Black Gate : not found (\Storage Card\Ultima7\Part1\static\endgame.dat)
exult_bg.flx : found
Serpent Isle : found
exult_si.flx : found
Config file: \Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2\mods\tfl.cfg
Config file: \Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2\mods\sifixes.cfg
OGG Vorbis Digital Music: Disabled
Trying: `Timidity'
Failed!
Trying: `MT32Emu'
Failed!
Trying: `FMOpl'
Success!
Midi Output: Enabled
Starting a SERPENT ISLE game
Game path settings:
Static : \Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2\static
Gamedat : \Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2\gamedat
Savegame: \Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2
Patch : \Cartão de Memória\Ultima7\Part2\patch

Key: R
Key: u
Key: i
Key: J
Key: d
Key: D
Key: I
Key: S
Key: i
Key: a
Key: s
Creating 'gamedat' files.
Reading usecode file.
Loading /exult_si.flx...
Loading default keybindings
NPC write
Cheats enabled.
Current weather is 0; setting 2
Current weather is 2; setting 2
Cloud: start_time = 122243
Cloud: start_time = 123986
Cloud: start_time = 126039
Cloud: start_time = 120131
Cloud: start_time = 122051
Cloud: start_time = 124151
Cloud: start_time = 126234
Cloud: start_time = 119910
Current weather is 0; setting 2
Cloud: start_time = 123372
Cloud: start_time = 125319
Cloud: start_time = 127340
Cloud: start_time = 121551
Cloud: start_time = 123071
Cloud: start_time = 125538
Cloud: start_time = 127382
(x,y) rel. to gump is (113, 83)
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_button::gameplay_options
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::GameplayOptions_gump
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::load_settings
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::load_settings
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::build_buttons
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::build_buttons
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::GameplayOptions_gump
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::paint
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::paint
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::mouse_down
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::mouse_up
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_button::activate
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::close
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::save_settings
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::save_settings
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::close
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_button::activate
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::mouse_up
TMPDEBUG: START GameplayOptions_gump::~GameplayOptions_gump
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_gump::~GameplayOptions_gump
TMPDEBUG: END GameplayOptions_button::gameplay_options

Well Done:)
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Heh...it wasn't supposed to fix it. I can think of a few reasons why it might have worked, but really some of my other tests should of shown errors...

Anyways, I'll try uploading the latest version and I'll let you guys know when I have it done.

Thanks!
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

NEW RELEASE

*** Bug fixes ***
2007-07-07 Lanica Dragon (Phillip T. George )
* PocketPC: Set audio system to just USE_FMOPL_MIDI
The theory is, this may reduce crashes, as Timidity doesn't
appear to work, and MT32 could be having problems.
2007-07-02 Lanica Dragon (Phillip T. George )
* PocketPC: Fixed bug with "Normal" option w/ D-PAD
Normal option couldn't be selected

Download it at:
http://exult.info/download.php
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Thank you so much for this, I'm running this on an iPAQ hw6515 (240x240) and it's amazing how well it runs. This is a big step up from running Ultima III on a C64 emulator!

Would it be possible to configure the touchscreen to active the right button by default, so that you run around easily with the stylus - and press a button on the PocketPC to switch the touchscreen to left button for activating objects. This way you could control the whole game with a stylus and not have to be switching to the dpad all the time for movement.

Also, a big gameplay assist would be a button you could assign (perhaps the button on the dpad) that would close the most recently opened gump.

Thanks again.
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Jordan,

Glad to hear the great report! Thanks!

Its highly possible to active the right button by default -- if you know (or can learn) how to set up the key mappings.

I don't know if you're aware of it, but you can actually enable & disable double-clicking and right clicking on the hotpad.

Read the Readme.PocketPC.txt file that came inside of the zip file and you should have plenty of information to get you going in the right direction! If you still have questions, after that, feel free to come back. I wrote that readme myself, so if there's something unclear, I do need to know about it :)

Thanks!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Hi,

Rather than a toggle button, I was thinking more of a momentary switch - ie. a pda button that you could hold down to make the touchscreen a left click and as soon as you release the pda button the touchscreen reverts to right click.

That said, I enabled right clicking with the touchscreen and movement with the stylus doesn't work as well as I'd hoped. The Avatar never seems to run, even when you click at the far edge of the screen. It seems very unresponsive and forgets that the right button is being held down after the Avatar has taken about 5 steps, even if you don't move the stylus at all. It's not a double-click "move-to-here" issue as the Avatar doesn't even get that far.

I have the same issues with moving using the HotPad - it seems unresponsive and if I hold down a direction it only takes about five steps.

Perhaps this is only an issue with my PocketPC model (iPAQ hw6515). Right now, I'm holding down two iPAQ keyboard keys (function and shift) and using the arrows on the iPAQ keyboard to run around. It's much more responsive and seems to be the only way I can get the Avatar to run properly. The dpad doesn't seem to have the responsiveness problems or the 5-step issue, but I can't see any way to make the dpad run instead of walk?

Is it possible to map custom PDA keys like 0xCA and 0xCB? doesn't seem to accept key mappings in hex format and I don't know how else to reference them.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this. It was only a few days ago I was thinking "If only I could get a game like Ultima 7 working on this thing."
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

I've got the same issue with the stylus on my HTC TyTN. I cannot simply tap the screen e.g. in menus, but instead I need to move it a bit across the screen (I hope this doesn't sound too confusing...). Therefore, moving the Avatar doesn't work too well, as Exult only remembers the position I first drew my stylus from, but doesn't recognize its current position (I hope this doesn't sound even more confusing :) ).
I usually move around using the keyboard (upside down, as Exult always switches back to righthanded screen position). It works well enough holding down the key.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'm out of Britain now where things are much more speedy and the problem is clearer. Here's a better summary of the problem than my last post:

The Stylus won't change speed or direction after the initial position. The Avatar seems to have 4 running speeds. I don't know if this will help address the problem, but the Avatar moves a different number of steps depending on which speed he/she is moving:

1: (8 steps with stylus) very slow pace
2: (8 steps with stylus) slow walk
3: (7 steps with stylus) fast walk
4: (stylus won't go this fast) OH GOD THAR BE DRAGONS

The d-pad seems to move at speed 2. Being that there may be a dragon around every corner, I find a speed of 4 is desirable at all times!

Regarding my request about a key to close gumps, I realise now there is already a key mapping for this called close_or_menu. If it could be mapped to custom keys like 0xCA and 0xCB that would be awfully nice :)

ps: For anyone using a 240x240 screen and having to use the old File Save gump, you can actually use the new one - there is a single pixel width of the Save button that you can still operate but only if you're overwriting an existing save (you might need to copy some from your PC as the old and new save gump don't seem to show the same save list)
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Jordan,

The issue with the on-screen keyboard (and keypad, hotpad) is not that its unresponsive ... here's the technical reasons for why it currently doesn't work the way you want it:
1. The hotpad was designed to "run" which apparently is how many ever steps you said it does. Though it may be that the parameters are getting passed incorrectly. I actually like it the way it works right now, but I'm sure we can work out some options to allow it to work a bit differently.
2. You can't hold the key down due to the way its designed. The key does not do any action unless you press and release it. This way if you press the wrong key, you can drag the stylus away from the key real quick to cancel what you were doing. Obviously, there does need to be a way to disable this feature for all or for certain keys, because being able to repeat actions (especially with the walking) is quite nice.

You're right about the mouse ... it definitely has some interesting issues ... I ended up using the hotpad because I liked it so well :)

About the keys ... there SHOULD be a way to map it ... I honestly don't know off of the top of my head how to do it right now, but it seems like other users have successfully done it. I eventually will map some keys myself, so I'll post as soon as I have the info ... it may actually already be in the main docs somewhere ... I'd suggest you look there.

Thanks for testing!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I hadn't realised but the hotpad does actually run at full speed - it's just mouse emulation and the dpad that doesn't.

Working mouse emulation would be nice, but it sounds like it might be difficult to get working.

I'm guessing enabling full speed on the dpad would be easier though... pretty please! :)

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned before: sometimes when Exult crashes or occasionally when you just exit, it will kill the top part of the screen. Most applications don't have an internal Exit feature so it often traps you in an application and the device needs a reset to get back to normal

re: custom keys - I did check the main README but nothing there I can see about custom key mapping.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The stdout from that crash was corrupted so I can't paste it in a post, but here it is:

http://files-upload.com/360676/stdout-c ... t.txt.html
Mormeguil

Post by Mormeguil »

Yeah i confirm that if it crashes the top part of the screen is stilll showing the game, and there are quite a few crashes even wihtout sound, midi deactivated, etc.
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Ok. If you can, to fix the top part of the screen, start exult and the quit again (before going into a game). I also have seen a few situations where making use of IE fixes it as well. These, of course, are just temporary workarounds for now :) I've also found that sometimes the game will crash more often with sound disabled ... and it works better using fmopl (which is the ONLY sound method that you can use with the latest release of Exult PocketPC) ... So try leaving it enabled and see how it goes.

Thanks!
Mormeguil

Post by Mormeguil »

ok, but i have already had crashes with fmopl in the XDA III.

ill let you know if i find anything
Tingle

Post by Tingle »

Hi there,

First of all many thanks for the port - I've been waiting for this for years. I have it running on an HTC Artemis (201Mhz, 64Mb, WM6).

I've noticed that it runs from occasionally perfect, to choppy, to unplayable and frozen. I'm guessing that entering new (and busy) areas seems to lead to the slow down, as Britain is especially bad. Moving Exult from my microSD on to main system RAM helped things significantly though slow down still occurs after playing for about 10 minutes.

Before I moved it to the main RAM I was also suffering continuous and random crashes. These have totally stopped since the move. Turning sound on or off does not cause me any problems of itself.

If I could make a couple feature requests, it'd be the option to play the game in landscape the other way round, and help us left handers out, and the ability to use continuous movement when the right-click option is turned on. Oh, and fix the choppiness :)

Fantastic job though - you are a star
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Thanks Tingle!

I've been pretty busy with work and life in general, so I haven't had a chance to work on Exult lately :( However, I'm with you with the choppiness, as my device (also an HTC) runs at 180 MHz, and doesn't quite cut it in Britain. Other areas are better and some are nearly perfect, so feel free to explore :) Trinsic seemed like it was a little sluggish too. But hey, if you've got time on your hands with nothing else to do, nothing beats playing Ultima 7 the classic way: Very slowly :) (That is, certain computers during its release had problems with the game locking every so often...I've experienced them myself).

I also need to fix the landscape problem for myself as well. That may require editing some (SDL) library code, as it not directly written into the Exult code. It pretty ridiculous ... I have a full keyboard, but it comes out upside down and on the wrong end, when playing Exult :)

-Lanica
Shawn Mulligan

Post by Shawn Mulligan »

Hi, I've got a MobilePro 900c, which runs Windows CE .NET 4.2 and has a 640x240 16bpp screen. Exult doesn't start. The relevant error in stdout.txt seems to be:

Couldn't set video mode (320, 240) at 8 bpp depth: No video mode large enough for 320x240

I've tried changing the values in exult.cfg to match my video (640x240), and I've tried 320x200. I don't see a way in the documentation or the .cfg file to change the bit depth, although I probably shouldn't have to do that, since it works for other people's devices.

I have GAPI installed and working properly in other applications.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be quite grateful. Thanks!
Shawn Mulligan

Post by Shawn Mulligan »

Replying to my earlier post, it now works. Apparently GAPI was not installed properly. I reinstalled it, and Exult now starts up as expected.

Thanks anyways!
Lanica
Site Admin

Post by Lanica »

Shawn,

I'm glad you were able to get it to work!

-Lanica
Andraxus

Post by Andraxus »

Lanica you rock. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this project.
Andraxus

Post by Andraxus »

I have afew things after tinkering around with U7.

I use a Sprint HTC Mogul. CPU QUALCOMM(R)7500, Speed: 400 MHz, 64 MB Ram. TITA100 Pocket PC. Windows Mobile 6.

When I don't have the keyboard on my PPC extended it doesn't move my character the right ways. (Although I could get used to it the way it is, it would be better if down was down and up was up) When its not extended I push right (what should be moving right) it moves up (which is what its suppose to do). [Did that make any sense? lol] But when I DO have the keyboard extended the directional pad works the way I want it to work.

But the problem is when the keyboard is extended the touch screen is totally useless it doesn't work properly at all. You pretty much can't do anything then, atleast I don't think you can.
Nick P

Post by Nick P »

Hi, I'm trying to get Exult to run on an HTC Hermes device (T-Mobile MDA Vario II), running Windows Mobile 5.

Everything (well, menu and intro) works up until I try to 'journey onward' (whether from 'start a new game' character screen or from the menu). The blue swirls begin and then I see the game land for just a second before exult craps out and drops me back to desktop / file explorer. Oddly, the top 'start bar' no longer exists after exult has quit (it's just got a few U7 tiles where it should be) so I have to reset.

The stdout file says nothing - it has few errors. Here it is:

============STDOUT.TXT======================

Warning, trailing slash in path: "\Exult\data\"
Digital SFX's file specified: jmsisfx.flx... but file not found
AVE_ZIP_SUPPORT
Compiler: Microsoft C/C++ Compiler, version: 150.1.1213

Config file: \Exult\exult.cfg
Exult path settings:
Data : \Exult\data\.
Digital music : \Exult\data\\music

Up 37
Down 39
Left 40
Right 38
A 112
B 113
C 193
Start 134
Black Gate : not found (\Exult\U7\static\endgame.dat)
Starting a SERPENT ISLE game
Game path settings:
Static : \Exult\SERPENT\static
Gamedat : \Exult\SERPENT\gamedat
Savegame: \Exult\SERPENT
Patch : \Exult\SERPENT\patch

Key: N
Creating 'gamedat' files.
Reading usecode file.
Loading /exult_si.flx...
Loading default keybindings
NPC write
Cheats enabled.
========================================

That's where it ends.
I've disabled sound and am running from my main memory.

Here's my config:
====================exult.cfg===========

\Exult\U7

(default)

\Exult\SERPENT

(default)

jmsisfx.flx

no

yes

gs

yes

gm

no

no

no

gm

yes

no

yes

no

no

yes

no

yes

no

no

no

original

no

yes

yes

2xSaI

no

no

=====================================

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Nick P

Post by Nick P »

Whoops, my fault entirely.
Didn't realise that the phone is an ARMv4 device, not ARMv5.
Apologies.
Nick P

Post by Nick P »

Andraxus:
The D-Pad orientation can be changed by going into 'options.'
Double-click the Avatar, click on the disk icon, click on 'gameplay options' and click on the button opposite 'd-pad' to change it to 'landscape1.'
Hope that helps!
uljima

Post by uljima »

You have done really nice work !!

I have a question, how can I hear OGG music ?
I copied music files and change option.. but not work..

sorry for my poor english..

Thanks for your hard work.
Cory

Post by Cory »

For whatever reason, no matter what mode I set the d-pad to (landscape 1,2, normal, portrait) the button assignment is always the same. Has anyone else had this problem?
Andraxus

Post by Andraxus »

For me it wasn't the same, instead it was all switched around and basically worse then the default.
DSearle

Post by DSearle »

I installed the latest snapshot on my Dell X51V yesterday. I can only play Serpent's Isle (I am certain that I have the file locations correct on the config). I also cannot see the keyboard/keypad. I have only a red X at the bottom of the screen. I have not monkeyed much with the config. I can't wait to get this working, I loved this game originally!

Thanks for your work!
DSearle

Post by DSearle »

Ok, so basically I am an idiot... BG is not found by Exult. Here is the stdout.txt:

Warning, trailing slash in path: "\SD Card\Exult\data\"
Compile-time options: USE_FMOPL_MIDI, NO_SDL_PARACHUTE, HAVE_ZIP_SUPPORT
Compiler: Microsoft C/C++ Compiler, version: 150.1.1213

Config file: \SD Card\Exult\exult.cfg
Exult path settings:
Data : \SD Card\Exult\data\.
Digital music : \SD Card\Exult\data\\music

Up 37
Down 39
Left 40
Right 38
A 195
B 196
C 193
Start 134
Black Gate : not found (\SD Card\exult\Ultima7\static\endgame.dat)
OGG Vorbis Digital Music: Disabled
Trying: `FMOpl'
Success!
Midi Output: Enabled

And here is my Exult.cfg

\Storage Card\Exult\U7

(default)

\Storage Card\U72

(default)

jmsisfx.flx

yes

yes

gs

yes

gm

no

no

no

gm

yes

no

yes

no

no

yes

no

yes

no

no

no

original

no

yes

yes

2xSaI

no

no

Please be gentle. After all, I have already acknowledged that I am an idiot...
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

\Storage Card\Exult\U7

\Storage Card\U72
Are you sure the BG path is right?
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Francesco "Zeirus" Sorrenti

Post by Francesco "Zeirus" Sorrenti »

Hi,
I've an Acer N310 with external storage card. With the last version of Exult (Windows Mobile 5, ARMV5T, 07-07-2007) If I set a resolution of 320x240 the mouse (pen) pointer is totally "unsettled" and the keyboard symbol is not visualized. While, if I set a resolution of 640x480 (native resolution of my hand-held) the pen pointer is OK, graph is very fast, but the keyboard, in this case, if i click on X symbol appear and disappear at random disorder, the key if chosed, is pressed continuously (!) and it's impossible to use in general! Please, how to fix this problem?
DSearle

Post by DSearle »

Ok, I have my path issues solved and can now open the game.
I can only use the push buttons to move the curser and I have now keyboard that i can use. I only have a big X at the bottom of the screen.
I have a Dell Axim X51V. Any ideas or am I just out of luck?

Thanks,
icurafu

Post by icurafu »

Read the manual. It explains everything. :) including the cross thing.

I'm using this now on my hx4700. It looks great at VGA.

I've changed filtering to point, not that is looks any different and turned midi off. It currently works well. (Midi seeded to crash it from time to time)

I'll do some more testing.

I've played this perfectly on the GP2X version, which is just a 200Mhz ARM9 CPU. I can get you the contact or source for the port of you like. It's located at gp32x.com in the archives. All controls work creat with just the 8 or so buttons on the console.
NLS

Post by NLS »

I am trying to use this with HTC Touch Pro (VGA device with keyboard).

I have the following issues/questions:

1- Exult rotates on the "wrong" side (TP keyboard slides to the left), is it possible to fix this? (also doesn't rotate my cursor keys but I know how to fix this)

2- I'd love to be able to use my physical keyboard. *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

3- I have set in the cfg, 640x480 (this fixed my pointer problem), scaling 2 and full screen on (is there a reason to keep it off?), but still Exult main screen and the game main screens (and intros) play unscaled. Is this normal?

4- The virtual keyboard is TINY also. Very hard to type on it with stylus (and impossible with anything else). Shouldn't it scale too?

5- In game, I get full screen, but I don't thing anything is scaled! I think that I see "pure" 640x480! Is that normal? Everything is tiny, even the pointer.

6- I only get an "X" on the bottom that takes out that tiny virtual keyboard. Is that normal?

...so anybody can help with those?

I am of course willing to debug and beta test.
---
NLS
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I have set in the cfg, 640x480 (this fixed my pointer problem), scaling 2 and full screen on
Unless your PPC has a display with a resolution of 1280x960, you don't want to do this. If its resolution is 640x480, you will want to have cfg at 320x240 and x2 scale or cfg at 640x480 unscaled.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
NLS

Post by NLS »

Well in fact my initial setup was 640x480 scaling 1, but didn't make a difference.
---
NLS
kaosbane

Post by kaosbane »

I've successfully installed and configured exult for my HTC Touch HD smartphone on 800x480 resolution. However this is the equivalent of seeing half of Trinsic as soon as the game starts all in the one screen.

I've also tried many other resolutions to get the HD to play the game on lower resolution, but the touchscreen is unsettled if I try any resolution that comes as default with Exult.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do to have the game run at a lower resolution but fullscreen?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Use the point scaler with a res of about 400x300
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
kaosbane

Post by kaosbane »

Thanks for that! I actually tried 400x240 and it fit perfectly with 2x scale. I also tried 266x160 with 3x scale but that was a little too big to fit all the menus.

Also, if you're using Flip It, the allowed rotations must be set to 0 degrees. I had a hard time getting the pointer in the right spot to quit exult and re-adjust!