ultima 7 dialogue

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Ooji Jerrik

ultima 7 dialogue

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me find a file or *the* file that contains all the dialogue for Ultima 7 and Serpent Isle. I want this for two reasons. first, I wanted to get my friends to play Ultima 7 part 1 and 2 The best rpg games of all time IMHO. Sadly my talks alone would not make them play, so I want to run a D&D Ultima game and need the dialogue. The second reason is I want to make a new character for the game, and while Exult Studio, has the Make an NPC feature, I can't figure out how to add Dialogue to it. thanks in advanced.
May we create worlds!

Origins Motto "We create worlds!"
Dungy

Re: ultima 7 dialogue

Post by Dungy »

A transcript of Black Gate can be found here:
http://www.bootstrike.com/Ultima7bg/cool.html

Sadly, I don't believe the same thing exists for Serpent Isle anywhere.

***Shameless plug***
Large amounts of information on the Ultima series can be found at http://ultima.wikia.com Check it out!
Ooji Jerrik

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

I knew that file existed somewhere! I tried making Ultima 7 on storycrafter for DnD and had that file! but when I lost my computer I lost it and searched hell and high for it, of course it was right in front of me! Thank you so much good sir! I can only pray I can find one for Serpent Isle, or maybe ES has a way to extract and show speach. I will keep my hope up. And thanks again.
May we create worlds!

Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

It's all in the usecode file and we have tools to make it readable but nothing to make it nicely readable ;)
for adding dialog for an npc you need to write usecode as well for that npc.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Ooji Jerrik

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

Whoa hey, Readable is better than nicely readable it at least gives me hope for getting it ready for my game! I have tinkered with ES, but not with the USECODE (at least that I know off) How do I add an NPC to use code, or more prudent is there a guide or documentation that will help me in this?
May we create worlds!

Ooji Jerrik

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

What program do I need to edit the Usecode and also to read it? ES doesn't seem to have the option.
May we create worlds!

Rodrigo

Post by Rodrigo »

skitz10 ,

Look for Tisane

the translator tool
Ooji Jerrik

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

thanks, Rodrigo I'll look for it, and thank you Dungy for the link, and Thanks you Dominus for your help and all that you have done :) May we all create worlds!
May we create worlds!

Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I'll have to try to keep this thread in mind once I develop my Beh Lem mod far enough to start including reactions from existing NPCs.
Ooji Jerrik

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

I still haven't figured out how to get to the dialogue or add some, I couldn't figure out how to work tisane either. So Serpent Isle script still alludes me. However my Black Gate D&D game is being built smoothly now that I have the script to that. And thanks crowley for you mod in the making, I've always wanted a gargoyle in my party :-)
May we create worlds!

Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

For adding dialog you need to write Usecode. Usecode is the scripting language of U7.
See http://www.seventowers.org/downloads.php?section=1 for details and for existing mods, where you can see how it is done.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Ooji Jerrik

Post by Ooji Jerrik »

Awesome Dominus! thank you very much!

May we create worlds!
May we create worlds!

Lambizkit

Post by Lambizkit »

Skitz10,

I have been looking for a Serpent Isle transcript for quite awhile myself. I finally found this tonight:

Serpent Isle Dialogue

Enjoy! :)
Skitz

Post by Skitz »

between houses, forgot my password and can't get to my original computer where it is saved lol but I am to late the site link you gave Lambizkit is down... I don't suppose you downloaded it?
VisElEchNon

Post by VisElEchNon »

I haven't tried it, but you could check out the "Usecode recompiler / decompiler" at the Utilities and Patches section of bootstrike.com. Just scroll about 1/2 way down, its the 3rd one.
Elzair

Post by Elzair »

Lambizkit, that link is now broken. Do you have a backup?