Misplaced Shamino (SI-SS)

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Ray

Misplaced Shamino (SI-SS)

Post by Ray »

In Silver Seed, when entering The Maze, the rest of the party waits outside. Upon completing the Maze, Iolo and Dupre were hapily waiting outside, but no sign of Shamino.

I did leave Shamino wearing an invisibility ring, but there is no sign of the tell-tale outline around either.

I am running Exult 1.5.0svn.

Is there any way to teleport to Shamino, or teleport Shamino to the party?
Or just a way to make him 'join' without being able to locate him?

I did try using the Hourglass on the off-chance he had wandered behind a wall and had a heart-attack and died on his own, but no effect. Really weird.
Crowley

Re: Misplaced Shamino (SI-SS)

Post by Crowley »

The cheat menu you can access by F2 does have a way to teleport to a specific NPC. Just view the NPC you want with the NPC Tool, and press T.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Interestingly I had a similar issue with Boyden a couple days ago. While going through all the NPC #s trying to find him, I'm pretty sure I saw the main party right at the start. He's somewhere in 1 - 5. Boyden was 45 or 55 (or in that area) if anyone was curious. I'm sure there's a much easier way to find their numbers than going through the cheap menu like I did, though...
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Exult Studio is pretty handy for looking up NPCs.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Hey Crowley, that totally worked... after selecting him from the D2-->NPC Tool menu, I teleported to him... and moved a few feet. Apparently, he wasn't giving the faint whitish "invisible" effect, and was actually completely invisible...
Went back into the NPC Tool, toggled his invisibility flag (which I had noticed the first time I was in there) and "Poof!" Shamino appeared beside me.

His invisibility ring has now been confiscated on grounds of him behaving like a child and hiding from the party.
TDI

Post by TDI »

There is something in this exchange which is tingling the funnies inside of me.
Pegbyter

Post by Pegbyter »

You too? *heh*
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I just remembered, pressing control+N allows you to see the NPC's number when you click on them.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Doesn't help much when you can't see them though ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!