Creating Bloodspawn

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Gunther8787

Creating Bloodspawn

Post by Gunther8787 »

I've never done this, so I'm wondering. Since Pothos says that Stoneheart is illegal aswell as creating bloodspawn and that you could go insane by it, what will happen if the avatar tries to create bloodspawn? Does he go insane or will the mages from Moonshade try to kill him by creating this?

Also asking this, because I know what's the best thing to do with Stoneheart. I could sell it to Pothos, but I've read comments on some sites that they don't advise you to sell this to pothos, don't know why. Maybe he would give to the magelord (that's what I think), but I'm not quite sure.

And yes, I've nicked someone's blood letting ritual device, it's current in my headquarters... eh, I mean in The Dark Path.
Gunther8787

Re: Creating Bloodspawn

Post by Gunther8787 »

I don't know what's the best thing to do with Stoneheart*
BH4

Post by BH4 »

One of the only reasons I can think of to keep the Stoneheart is to turn it into Bloodspawn for use as an ingredient in the more devastating spells. But combat is easy enough to the point where you don't need a Nuke to do what you need to do. Then again, you don't need much money either, except for spells. Guiders it is, I guess.
TDI

Post by TDI »

I can only recommend you use the blood of thine enemies to create bloodspawn.

I don't think anything bad happens when you create bloodspawn. But then again, I probably did it in private, during a dark ritual in Mortegro's chambers and not in front of any NPCs.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

I was never fond of using the dark path as a headquarters. I stayed in the inns temporarily until making it to Shamino's castle. After all, it WAS his to begin with. After you clean out all the garbage, the dead bodies, and delete the monster eggs with Exult Studio, and spiff it up just a bit, it looks quite nice!

I would just sell my stoneheart to Pothos, Mass Death is a bit more trouble than its worth really.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

I actually think it's pretty nice. Also big enough to drop some junk (like chairs) that would otherwise encumber your party too much.

Haven't found such a thing yet in BG (could use the Isle Of Fire, since Erethian is dead now and the core has been destroyed. Plus you can instantly warp there via The Black Sword. And it has a moongate to Moonglow...)
Paulon

Post by Paulon »

The area up the invisible stairs near the Sphere generator in Despise works pretty well for me as an HQ facility.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Isle of fire would be a good HQ.

When I first started playing U7 I took a liking to the house of Raymundo. I didn't like him, so I fired a few crossbow bolts at him while he slept. I think his woman got it too. I disposed of them somewhere in the pumpkin field. I let the kid live since I could use him as a source for diaper bombs. I stashed all of my loot in that house. I even swiped the Runes and made an awesome sitting area outside of the house.

The huge castle in the middle of Yew was also a great place once you cleaned it up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

+ you have your own wisp, aswell.