Sleeping in beds in BG makes Exult close itself.

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Gunther8787

Sleeping in beds in BG makes Exult close itself.

Post by Gunther8787 »

for some reason, when I sleep in someone's bed (Lord Brittish & Candice), the game closes itself, yet when sleeping in the bedroll, nothing happens.
Gunther8787

Re: Sleeping in beds in BG makes Exult close itself.

Post by Gunther8787 »

Ok, the savefile before Dungeon Destard isn't having this issue (Slept in Nystul's bed), So I guess the savefiles staring from Dungeon Destard must be corrupted with those issue I had with 1.4.9 (I haven't played BG since I got 1.5.0, so)

Tell me If I need to give the savefile with this bug to be sure or not. Note It's the same savefiel as the one with the spellbook problems as I discovered both issues happened around the same time.
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

Also, Exult closes itself in that save when running to the mint... ¬¬
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please use new games to test whether those bugs still exist. Games started and played for a while with 1.4.9 rc1 might be corrupted and unstable.
Also make sure to run the latest snapshot as a crash with the desk schedule has been fixed the other day.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

Yeah, already started a new game (bit sad, since I was halfway through it...). The only thing I encountered was that exult wasn't responding when I flew with my carpet from Cove to Britain. After I restarted Exult, I tried to fly to Britain again and this time, nothing happened. Probably something random, I think.

Funny thing that happened in my previous savefile was that when I wanted to talk to Nystul, he ran to were Chuckles was, but when I arrived there, I couldn't find him, so I thought he was in his room again, until I went back to the fountain and saw that he was walking on the roof for some reason (hahaha).

I think 1.4.9 mostly had problems in Britain. Well, it was that way for me, since I didn't encounter anything in Trinsic, Paws, Cove, Jhelom or Minoc, so. Don't know if anyone else had problems with this with 1.4.9

But, so far Trinsic is bug free (currently in Paws). And I'm saving more than I already did, just to be on the safe side.
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

For some reason he keeps getting these automatic closing bugs when being in britain around the mint... ¬¬
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

Ok, loading the previous file (right before sleeping in LB's bed) doesn't make exult close itself when approaching the Mint. So, there has to be some sort of bug with those beds in Britain or in general.

I still have that savefile from after I slept in his bed. Do I need to upload it and place the link here (I'm not going to keep getting newer beta versions of Exult, I don't want to restart it over and over again. After I finish BG, I'm just going to wait until there is a new non-beta version of Exult...)? Because there's really something wrong with the sleeping function or in Britain.
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

...ok, I appearently can't sleep in my bedroll either. It's definitely the Sleep function...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

And you are using the very latest snapshot from a few days ago? (The 10th)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

The previous Snapshot. Appearently the latest one (just tested it, since I removed the last one and I really want to finish it (Only finished it once, so).), doesn't have this, since I was able to sleep in my bedroll without any problems (for now).
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

Also have to add that I didn't encounter some Briggins or a Paladin outside of Britain (the route that goes to Yew) in the previous Snapshot.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please, remember that when you are using snapshots (which is recommended), always, always, always use the latest one before reporting a problem (You will need to refresh the download page to see the latest).
ESPECIALLY when I told you so a couple of posts earlier :)
It might also help to read other threads, the desk schedule had severe crasheritis...
--
Read the Rules!