Bug in latest win32 snapshot

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Funcrusher

Bug in latest win32 snapshot

Post by Funcrusher »

I just installed the latest win32 snapshot and I keep getting booted back to my desktop.

It seems to happen when I:

-flip a lever
-cast telekinesis
-cast locate

That's all so far.

I am using the just implemented multi-racial avatar feature so maybe that has something to do with it. (BTW, why not add a toggle for this feature to the gameplay options menu?)
drcode
Site Admin

Re: Bug in latest win32 snapshot

Post by drcode »

I just fixed a crash that happens when, or soon after, you open a gump (inventory, spellbook, etc.). Hope that's it.
Funcrusher

Post by Funcrusher »

It sems to happen almost every time I cast a spell, although "create food" seems to work without problems.

I have no problem onening or closing other gumps, in fact just did some MAJOR inventory rearranging with 8 backpacks open at once.

If its a gump bug it seems to be related to the spellbook, but it also crashes when I attempt to manipulate any lever at all.

Hope this is more helpful.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Might be best if you submit a bug report with a .zipped savegame from right before you're about to use a lever. In my playing last night, I recall using levers in Shamino's Castle without problems.
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Levers in LB's castle work ok too
Funcrusher

Post by Funcrusher »

The lever I'm having trouble with is in the caves in Buccaneeer's Den right behind the baths. I'll do a bug report w/ saved game.
funcrusher

Post by funcrusher »

Had trouble with the sourceforge bug reporter. Not too worry though. The more I play this the more it seems to be the gump bug that DrCode said he fixed. Sometimes when I access an inventory I crash, also when I go to combat mode. I'll wait until the next release:

it is . . . BETA?