Question about a feature..

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
drk

Question about a feature..

Post by drk »

I dont wanna start another debate on whether cheating is right or not, cause its immature to argue over whether someone wants to use a feature that gives them a lil joy or help just because u dont like to cheat. But my question is how far is the cheat features so far? I already know they're not the first on the agenda to fix, just curious as to how far they've actually been worked on.
nadir
Site Admin

Re: Question about a feature..

Post by nadir »

What do you mean ?
The cheats built into Exult are quite featureful and extensive. They are described mostly in the documentation and FAQ.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Yeah, actually looking at the cheat features of Exult you´d think that the team consists only of cheaters :-)
Seriously, the team managed to get almost all relevant cheats from the original into Exult and added some more interesting ones. The only "problem" is that some cheats only work by using the cheat menu (F2) and you might have to do some digging around.
The reason those cheats are in is the same as I figure cheats are in almost every game. Troubleshooting problems is sometimes easier if you can cheat your way to the relevant part of the plot instead of playing all the way through :-)

So, if you really want to have a certain cheat, look at the Documentation (the section 5.2 keyboard commands is the interesting one) and actually play Exult and test out the features that come with the Cheat Menu!!!
(And then you are right that a cheat request is on a low priority - you better code it into Exult yourself :-))
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
hoeksmas

Post by hoeksmas »

My personal favorite is the gender changing cheat. Its kinda fun to walk around and *BLAM* your a woman. Especially fun at the Buc Baths:)
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Hey all...

Yes, love the cheats... :-) There are two major updates to this section I'd like to see from the original: being able to toggle the Party feature to make any NPC a member of my party (hehehe... think LB) and the ability to change the shape of each NPC (including the Avatar and party members). Wouldn't mind swapping the Avatar's appearance for Batlin's... almost as cool as the gender and multiracial bending.

Blackbird
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

IIRC you can already change anyone's shape. Just press F2 and enter the NPC editor.
drk

Post by drk »

yeah, i know the cheats were added from the original, but in the F2 menu some still say they arent available. thats why i had asked. the only one i'm personally worried about having soon is the npc to party to function right, for those times u wanna just be evil and your party doesnt like it lol.
Lord Rat

Post by Lord Rat »

I always ask the party to leave and stay put, then go on a one man rampage. That way, I can say OH NO, It wasn't ME, it was the one armed man -- right, Iolo?