[OT]Where are you from? (visit everyone, please!)

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
alagner

Re: [OT]Where are you from? (visit everyone, please!)

Post by alagner »

I'm from Bytom, Poland.

And on the language related topic:
>>>>English are derived from French

>>Actually, that's not quite correct. French is derived from Latin, while English was just greatly influenced by Latin. That's why English grammar is still quite different to French one.

Hacki, I'm not a historian (so correct me if I'm wrong) but aren't you skipping battle of Hastings in 1066 and its influence on English language here? Remember that Skutarth mentioned vocabulary, not grammar. As far I know, after 1066 the original English (its "fully Germanic form") was replaced by French among the aristocracy, while the was still spoken by the rest of the population.
As a result we have "arrive" and "come" meaning almost the same, but with "arrive" (French: arriver) being the more elegant one. In fact, Old English (the one spoken in the Middle Ages) is really similar to German.
I've one read an article that stated that more-less 60% of English words is of French origin. I may look for it if you want a proof ;)
A.M.Miera
vel. Alagner Dragon
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please don't beat on a very old topic. The only reason it got revived was because of a spam post and me not wanting to delete a legitimate reply.
If you want to post where you are from, please go ahead, but continuing a years old discussion... Please no ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
alagner

Post by alagner »

Oops, I haven't noticed the date. Sorry
A.M.Miera
vel. Alagner Dragon
MV75

Post by MV75 »

Wow, 7 years on, I'm still at the same desk, but different computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse. :) Oh yea, new chair too as my old one finally carked it a couple of weeks ago.

Funny though too, I remember 7 years ago I said I was surrounded by computers, I've now got less of them than I did back then. :) Oh yea, it's 3:14pm and the 14th of november 2010.

Finally with a better isp too as it should be next to my name above ^. :)
Ozrick

Post by Ozrick »

French living in NL.

I believe your map is now complete Tevor Clim!

Ozrick.
Dewis

Post by Dewis »

Gloucester, England, UK.

Used to play U7 back in the early 90's and I was not even a teenager. The game is just as good now as it was then.

Thumbs up to the guys who created and maintain Exult!