Problem with Erstam

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dave Lartigue

Problem with Erstam

Post by Dave Lartigue »

In SI, I got the Phoenix gg and made Boyden. Erstam gave me the storeroom key and a tooth and I got the jawbone. However, when I return to him for the other two teeth, he doesn't give them to me. All the "jawbone" dialogue option does is get him to tell me I'm stupid if I can't find it. Any idea what's going on here? I reloaded from a previous save and I still have this problem.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Erstam

Post by Dominus »

what version of Exult are you running?
Can you send me the savegame? Because I have no problem with a savegame of my own with that part of the game.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

This part works for me too.

This conversation option ("I have the jawbone") is only triggered by having the jawbone, nothing else affects it. Are you sure you picked up the jawbone yourself? (not a party member accidently?)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

wjp: actually that part is triggered by an egg that is beneath the jawbone and gets deleted after you pick it up. I had it happen with earlier versions of Exult that the egg got deleted but the falgg not set...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Dave Lartigue

Post by Dave Lartigue »

I think I submitted a bug report with a save file. I am using the latest alpha version of exult (exult-0.94alpha5-win32.exe) and the latest snapshot (Exultwin32.exe). I have the jawbone in my pack, hitting J will bring it up. I can insert the first tooth and use it (to get to the gate area and back to Erstam's isle). But the "I have the jawbone" option does not show up.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Hm, savegame didn`t get uploaded. Can you send it to me? I can add it then and try out myself.
--
Read the Rules!
Dave Lartigue

Post by Dave Lartigue »

Sent!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

ok, had a look at it. But please do you have a savegame BEFORE you took the jawbone? It's no use to determine what went wrong after you took it.

BUT to fix the game you have sent me: go back to the storage room, display eggs by pressing e than doubleclick on the egg on the ground where the bone was. It will disappear and you will be able to talk to Erstram about it.
--
Read the Rules!
DragonKain

Post by DragonKain »

I had the same problem he is experiancing. After the third try playing through that part, for some reason it worked properly.