can't build stairs out of bread

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Shamino

can't build stairs out of bread

Post by Shamino »

Hi all, I've been having trouble building stairs out of bread using exult 1.0 in Serpent Isle. Whenever I try to place a bread next to each other it always either falls right next to it or directly on top of it. That way I can't make stairs which I can walk on, any idea on this?
drcode
Site Admin

Re: can't build stairs out of bread

Post by drcode »

Sometimes stacking things depends on where you grab the object you're moving. Try picking up the bread in its lower-right corner.
gruck

Post by gruck »

Maybe if you let it go stale first so it's nice and hard.
Trevor_Clim (damn Log in)

Post by Trevor_Clim (damn Log in) »

try the french baguettes! they are the most stable breads in Ultima VII
;)

(sorry for spam XD)
Shamino

Post by Shamino »

is that those long white breads that's larger than most breads? where can i get a copious amount of those? I found a "anti-walkthrough" for silverseed (http://www.it-he.org/front.htm) that I wanna try out but needed to build stairs if I don't want to cheat. Any idea?

hmmm spend some time at willis bakery, and watch him making bread, sometimes he bakes some french baguette, you simply steal it :D
EarthquakeDamage

Post by EarthquakeDamage »

By anti-walkthrough you mean the ones at www.it-he.org ? That man is brilliant. Need I say more?

yeah, this guy is really great! i think his further drug experiments with Ultima 7 and the deus ex antiwalkthrough are his best :D
MV

Post by MV »

I wanna try out but needed to build stairs if I don't want to cheat. Any idea?
Ever try some crates? ;)
Green Bamboo Mystery Peanut

Post by Green Bamboo Mystery Peanut »

I did the Serpent Isle anti-walkthrough and it was the most fun I've had with SI in a long time.

I couldn't dig up enough bread to do the stairs (which I ended up putting in the wrong place anyway, but it was great fun anyway- the staircase/shortcut thing really works!) and I think I ended up using fish, apples, cake and buckets. It is tricky to place them correctly, but definitely possible.

There is a red-colored lightning bolt just outside of Monitor that will give you items that might be useful for making stairs such as baskets, bread, bags, etc. Crates are awesome for stairs, so whenever you find a crate, try to keep it or put it somewhere where you'll be able to get it when you need it.

If you're just desperate, try using corpses.
gruck

Post by gruck »

Corpses as a last resort? Don't you mean first?