The real location of Death Scythe?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crowley

The real location of Death Scythe?

Post by Crowley »

Does anybody have any idea what was supposed to be the 'legitimate' location of the Death Scythe? As it is now, you can only get it from cheat locations. The ferryman sprite looks like it's carrying one, but it isn't really considered an NPC by the program.
Forq

Re: The real location of Death Scythe?

Post by Forq »

There is one in a secret room in FoV, I don't know if that is counted as a cheat room or not, I don't count it as one.
Annorax

Post by Annorax »

The Death Scythe is a rare weapon, and probably my favorite. Besides the Trinsic cheat location and the FoV room, isn't there one in the building in the graveyard on Skara Brae? You know, the one with the hidden lever by the statue and the nightstand with all sorts of cool stuff.
--------------
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Become evil.
Matthew02

Post by Matthew02 »

Yes, there is one in the crypt in Skara Brae. It has a full set of magic armor, a death scythe, and the soul cage which is used to trap the liche Horace. It is around (53S, 65W) if you want to use your sextant.
Warder

Post by Warder »

Yeah, but that's a cheat room :)
Daemongar

Post by Daemongar »

Isn't it legitamate, since there is a (hard to find, for sure) lever right there?
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

It contains duplicates of 'plot items', so I would definitely call it a cheat room.
Warder

Post by Warder »

Yeah, that's my definition for a cheat room too, pretty much :)
Annorax

Post by Annorax »

My definition of a "cheat room" is one that is only accessible by extraordinary means that are impossible without cheating. The Skara Brae crypt can be accessed totally innocently (though it's hard to find that lever) without any sort of cheating or beforehand knowledge. For the Trinsic room, it is highly unlikely that anyone, on their own, would think to stack crates and go on the roof to find the hidden teleporting egg by the chimney.

It does contain cheat items, but I leave the potion and soul cage there and take the rest, so I don't use it for cheating.
--------------
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Become evil.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

Actually a fair amount of the cheat rooms can be reached by building stairs using crates in the right places
DirtyHairy

Post by DirtyHairy »

Mentioning "building high stairs using crates": anyone ever found out the deeper meaning of the room you can reach in draygans mine in SI (the one on the top of the mountains with the liche statue)? :)
gruck

Post by gruck »

Speaking of which... how did anyone find the cheat room on the tope of that roof in the first place? What would ever compel someone to go up there?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Mostly cheat rooms/ easter eggs are (or at that time) were leaked from developers and/or beta testers (after all those cheat rooms are meant as help for beta testers).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!