Sometimes new computers can be a pain

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Kestral

Sometimes new computers can be a pain

Post by Kestral »

You know, i get this awesome new computer, and i am thinking, man i want to play my favorite rpg game, Ultima 7 the black gate, as i find my floppy disks and i am happy and excited since i haven't played it in a year, i am about to stick it in the floppy drive, what do i see you say? First, a cd drive, then another for burning cd's, and i look down more, NO FLOPPY DISK DRIVE!!! ITS CRAZY!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!, now i don't have any comps with a floppy drive, what am i going to do. I don't feel like getting the ones they have out in the internet, cuz its piracy, but is it alright if you already own the game? Doesn't matter because i am not going to do it anyway.... i need to find a way to get it on my comp...and i want to do it anytime, as long its before the 3d engine comes out, because i really want to try that when it comes out =D. Thanks
Gradilla Dragon

Re: Sometimes new computers can be a pain

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

Why don't you go with a friend that has a PC with floppy drive and CD burner, install it there, zip it, burn it on a CD, then bring it to your new PC?
- Gradilla Dragon
what the

Post by what the »

what in the hell is a floppy disc

har har har
terok00001

Post by terok00001 »

you can probably get one on ebay or at some cheap computer place for maybe 5 or 10 bucks.. or ill send you mine for $7.50 ;) :D
MV

Post by MV »

Get an USB floppy drive. Brand new ones can be had for cheap. Well they are on AU ebay. :)
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I think I paid around $7 for a new floppy drive from newegg.com.

Of course, we don't even know if your computer'd MB supports floppies, so maybe you'd be better off with the USB version.