COMICS ULTIMA 7

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Dam's!

COMICS ULTIMA 7

Post by Dam's! »

hello Everybody!!

Here is a news!
i created a comics based on ULTIMA 7
please visit:

http://damsdessin.free.fr/page1.htm

Thx!
Gradilla Dragon

Re: COMICS ULTIMA 7

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

Wow, that's nice!! :)

I guess the art will improve with time and plactice. It needs a few corrections with the english, but I have no problem understanging it at all.

A few details were changed from the original, for example, the blacksmith's head and limbs were severed in the game. There was also a bucket with blood, and the dagger was not there.

Well, it's sometimes hard to notice those detail, since there is so much blood in the scene. Also, I guess sometimes the writer prefers to tweak the story a bit so it doesn't have the same taste.

The comic feels a bit too fast-paced to me, but I guess that's done so people doesn't doze off :D
- Gradilla Dragon
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I like it, good work.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

Hey! I am pleasantly surprised by your work! (I am into comics as well). I must say that the art is simple but it's also extremely faithful to the "atmosphere" of Ultima7, and so is the dialogue. Re-narrating the story of Ultima7 from the beginning to the end should result in a very nice epic, something you won't usually think of since when you play it's fragmented by savegames, pointless wandering searching for something you can't find and so on. Keep it up!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Wow! I wasn't expecting that to be so good.
Belial

Post by Belial »

A hazaa for the comic maker... HAZAA! Nice work.
-Belial
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Fantastic! I always wanted to see U7 in a book/comic form. This is great.
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

IT´s really good :) I saw it in the uo stratics news and didn´t expect much, but it looks really good. The only thing is that it happens a bit too fast :)
Keep the good work :)

Btw are you gonna put the add on too? Forge of virtue and all
Gradilla Dragon

Yea, I agree, it's too fast paced. Maybe some more depth storywise would make it better.
- Gradilla Dragon
Withstand the Fury Dragon

Post by Withstand the Fury Dragon »

Fast paced? Goodness me - 17 pages and they've barely gotten anywhere (Cove, if I recall correctly)! The story moves along at pace, but really...you can get to that point in the game in like twenty minutes if you know what you're doing.

:) WtFD
Gradilla Dragon

Lets forget about how quickly can you do it in the game, because that's not the point. It's fast paced because the comic went through 3 cities in only 17 pages, leaving out a great deal of things storywise. That leaves those who haven't played Ultima VII completely clueless. Also, the comic does not create an atmosphere of mistery, which is precisely what gave strength to the original story.
- Gradilla Dragon
trevor

Post by trevor »

great, really great! :)

keep up the good work, please continue the story!!
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

This is pretty cool. I have to agree, that the action happens a bit to fast without much explanation or little twists and features to make the plot more interesting. For example, have Iolo actually greeting the Avatar like he hasn't seen him for 200 years and possibly provide a little summary on what has been happening in Britannia (providing a summary on whats going on is part of the beginning of most comics). Make the scene in which the party enters the Blacksmiths shop in Trinsic more gloomy (in U7, some party members start screaming, some start puking, the Guardian starts laughing, PUT THAT IN!), add a little more conversation here and there....

But please, regard this as some constructive criticism. I love the drawings (and the Hint with Batlins red eyes) and on the whole, it is a fun read.
Keep it up.
cyberfugue

Post by cyberfugue »

Excellent site, and great comic! You have some major talent!
Ken Oh

Post by Ken Oh »

Nice work!

Except, I was wondering who the blond-haired fag was until I realized that not everyone choses the avatar to be black.
Gradilla Dragon

The Avatar is always blond-haired in Ultima VII part 1. The only exception is when you play with Exult and also have Serpent Isle installed.
- Gradilla Dragon
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

And if you play Exult3D all you get is the Fabivatar.
MkM

Post by MkM »

Quite nice. I believe your drawings will evolve in time. The style is right to Ultima-comics.
Did Hook actually use the hook to kill Christopher?
There's shown only Inamos legs. I want to see it pierceded with a rake :) (Or was it rake)

More introducing in the beginning. There's no mention that Trinsic is shut because of murder (or was it the reason?) And I understand that every citizen can go out because they know the password "Blacbird"
How about first part of the story Trinsic and second Passion play that introduces Fellowship and Guardian.

If I would have make the comics Ultima7 Avatar's first line would be "Name" or "Job" :) Keep up the good work!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Since there seems to be someone on a quest to insult the comic creator I'm closing this thread.
It's the same person who impersonated DrCode before and who we easily spot by his IP address.
Please troll elsewhere.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!