black gate bug

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Jade

black gate bug

Post by Jade »

um..i think i've stumbled upon a ppreetttyyy big bug...

i have hardly done any quests, but im already at the black gate....people said to kill me...then noone even appeared..anyway...now im stuck there and cant get out..HELP! *very stressed*
Kurt

Re: black gate bug

Post by Kurt »

did you use a cheat room? that happened to me once :P
Jade

Post by Jade »

no see thats the strange thing...i didn't!!....haha..i wouldnt know HOW to cheat!!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

What concerns me most is that the villains weren't there. A couple others have also seen this error after playing through the whole game.

Trouble is that I haven't been able to duplicate it, and having a savegame where they're already gone doesn't help. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed before the next release.
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

That's a major. Jade, do you have any savegames before you started browsing through the black gate area ? Because it's a big spoiler, and would be very hard for the exult team to "undo" what you've gone thruogh.

they can prevent you from beign able to wrongfully get in there again, but I doubt you'll find they can repair your current savegame.

Plus, it's beta so that can't be expected. And no, I'm not going to fix it for you when I get home :)

So...back out asap!
mustang67

Post by mustang67 »

OK, here is my 2 cents. I just finished BG, and thought it was a little easy when I got to the Black Gate. A whole bunch of people screaming about killing me and yet no one there. I didn't cheat either, althought I might have had cheating turned on. Everything else in the game worked great. I have a saved game from just before I teleported into the room with the Gate, and I think that is messed up. I can try and go back farther from before I got the the Isle and redo it to see if it still happens.
suraimu

Post by suraimu »

Hey guys, maybe you should add a section to the savegame to record the
last 5 minutes worth or so of everything that happened, so that people
who experience weird-ass bugs can save immediately after it happened,
send that save to you, and have it actually be useful instead of you tearing
your hair off your head trying to reproduce it? Just an idea.
Jade

Post by Jade »

hey ,um...ok i found a saved game that i made JUST before i enter the black gate room..though as im totally computer alliterate i wouldnt have a clue what to do with it that could help anyway..if it would in the first place.
Sven

Post by Sven »

hi!

as i posted my savegame in the bugtracker some time ago,I thought I was the only person who had the problem with the "disappearing" of the people in front of the black gate.
But since heres a discussion about it, I would like to mention again, that in the storyline there was a problem with Allanger to, who didn't get killed. Perhaps this has something to do with it. Cause when I teleport back to Britain when I stand in front of the BG (no cheating...just marked virtue-stones) I find Batlin in the Fellowship Hall (So i can test my armageddon spell.. :) Sorry off-topic).
Well, I always use the latest cvs-source.

Bye,

Sven
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

In the original BG, Alagner sometimes returned even after his death. He could run around on top of his mutilated corpse, acting all lifelike. :P
Sven

Post by Sven »

Yeah I know that the original had some bugs to, but in this case there ISN'T even the multilated corpse on the ground. I would feel better when he would lie down on the ground. :)
But Alanger is nicely working as before. He has still the "find the notebook" conversation option (even though I already have it).
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Sven just to make sure about Alagner: You have to give the notebook to the wisps before Alagner gets killed. Otherwise the big red muppet doesn´t know that Alagner knows and therefore has no reason to kill him.

Jade: Send that savegame you found to me, please.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Sven

Post by Sven »

Hi Dom!

I gave it to the wisps. :) And after that I wanted to return it so I could see that he is also dead...
BTW, that Muppet had no chance to enter Britannia anyway...

Bye,

Sven
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

ah, okay, so, just bad luck, I guess.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Tim

Post by Tim »

hehehe... muppet.