TFL Wiki Started

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Wizardry Dragon

TFL Wiki Started

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

As you can read on the TFL homepage, I have put up a Wiki for those interested in using a wiki for TFL or Exult/etc, it is available at: http://www.thefeudallands.ca/wiki/

I encourage people who have ideas to post them in the idea namespace. Just make them as "Idea:" there, you can also post Exult and Exult Studio information in Exult: and Exult_studio: namespaces, if you're so inclined.

Anyone who wants to add to the wiki is free to do so, it's a wiki world after all!
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
Lathlas

Re: TFL Wiki Started

Post by Lathlas »

I'm sure I'll have posted it already by the time you read this, but is it appropriate to include elements from the keyring mod under TFL? I think of them as the same mod these days since the elements are there and Marzo is working on both.
--------

No matter how badly the idiots outnumber you, they're still the idiots.
Lathlas

Post by Lathlas »

The link on the Feudal Lands page has a comma after the "www" instead of a period. It took me a few minutes to figure out why it wasn't working.
--------

Lathlas

Post by Lathlas »

I am now officially an annoying forum dweller.

I can't seem to find the idea space on the wiki, I think maybe it isn't done yet? I know you commented on some things not being up yet since it was 5am and you were tired.

So I'll toss some of the things I've been working on out here and add them into the wiki when I figure out how to use it (I've never edited a wiki before).

I've been doing the faces like we've already talked about http://exult.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325666#p325666 .

I'm also making some of the party spellcasting items a little more unique. I've changed Dupre's item from an amulet to his shield, I'm changing Jaana's from a spellbook to either a staff or her hawk (not sure which I like better yet, but I'm leaning towards the staff), and I'm making Iolo's lute equippable.

I already have a paperdoll for Iolo's lute, but it looks hideous. I'm making it into a projectile weapon that fires a music note shape and causes 0 damage, but also causes charm, paralyze, and sleep. This makes him more in line with a classic bard class.

The problems I'm encountering are that he will never switch targets, so once something is asleep and paralyzed he'll just keep attacking that one enemy. I could solve some of this by making his lute do 1-2 points of damage, but I can't get that to make sense.

[edit by Dominus: corrected the images. Sorry for our crappy forum, but it is intended to be as simple as possible, but that has some big downsides :( ]
--------

Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

I need the .pal palette file for the U7 colors again.. this PC doesn't have it and I wanna start working on stuff again. I figure this is the best spot to maybe get a response. >.>
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

please no thread hijacking. This thread has nothing to do with what you ask. Better open a new thread than steering others sooo off course
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Wizardry Dragon

All you need to do to create a page on the Wiki is point you browser to a page that doesn't exist yet - for example: http://www.thefeudallands.ca/wiki/Idea:NewSprites - and fill in the page with whatever you want.

It'll say:
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, search the related logs, or edit this page.

Just hit the link for "edit this page" and wiki away!
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Wizardry Dragon

Also: if you register for an account, you have a few more permissions than those that are unregistered - that, incidentally, is why you couldn't add images, Lathlas. If you're registered, you can upload them straight to the Wiki.
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Wizardry Dragon

@Crysta: I'll be adding all the incidentals for Exult Studio and other editing to the Wiki soon, but I'm only human :-)

Those who want to edit and contribute - while I cant make you register and such, you'll find you'll be able to do much more if you do.

Information:
http://www.thefeudallands.ca/wiki/Help:Group_rights
Compare "IP user" to "Autoconfirmed User" :-)
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I am getting the following error when trying to create an account:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "SpoofUser::getConflicts". MySQL returned error "1146: Table 'tflca_mediawiki.mw_spoofuser' doesn't exist (localhost)".
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Wizardry Dragon

Hrm, that's odd - I'll look into it. It's an extension meant to prevent bad username spoofing - but if it's causing account creation to fail, I'll just disable it. In fact, I think I'll do just that - disable it - until I have time to properly look at the error.
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Lathlas

Post by Lathlas »

I had the same eror trying to register earlier. I figured it was just something you hadn't set up yet.

I regeitered fine this time, but I got an error trying to confirm my email address.

"The Feudal Lands could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your e-mail address for invalid characters.

Mailer returned: mailer error "

I'm pretty sure there was nothing weird in my email.
--------

Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

Wasn't trying to hijack it.. sorry.. was just something I had planned on asking today and it was the first TFL thread I saw. :x
R. Neil

Post by R. Neil »

The registration message said that I would be emailed a pass, but it's been a couple of days, nothings happened so far, what's up?
Wizardry Dragon

First of all - the user registration should not _require_ email confirmation for the Wiki - so if it is requiring it, this is an issue.

Could those who still have issues please post again with the following information, so that I can track down the issue:

1: Your email provider (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
2: Your Wiki username that you tried to register.
3: Any error messages MediaWiki required.

When I mailed Marzo from the TFL domain earlier, it went straight to his jun mailbox, so I suspect the bigger email providers might just be blackhole or spam-tagging the emails, and MediaWiki will try to detect that and throw an error if it happens (I suspect this was the case with Lathlas.)

For now, if you give my your account, I will manually set it as an autoconfirmed user. (Help on user rights: http://www.thefeudallands.ca/wiki/Help:Group_rights )
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Wizardry Dragon

Well, I see what happened - the Spoof MW plugin apparently somehow caused Exim to crash and it couldn't restart itself, so I'm going to have to look into why it won't restart. But that answers one thing at least.
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca
Wizardry Dragon

For the curious, some of the progress on TFL can be gleamed here:
http://thefeudallands.ca/wiki/Map
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
www.thefeudallands.ca